Majesty Deck/Room Comparison

I'm looking to book a room for DH and I on a Majesty for 12/15/08 (4-night Bahamas, anniversary trip). I've only sailed Mariner (balcony, wedding/honeymoon trip) and Navigator (family suite), and I didn't make those reservations, so I'm clueless on choosing a room. So far, after doing some research, I've narrowed it down to:

8552 ($309, obstructed)

3596 ($329)

4082/4582 ($339)

Can anybody offer some advice? Mostly I want to see the sun a little bit, maybe be able to see a little bit of docking at port. I know these questions have been asked a million times, and I tried to do some searching and narrowing before I posted, but I'm getting search errors. Thanks in advance! :)

I'm looking to book a room for DH and I on a Majesty for 12/15/08 (4-night Bahamas, anniversary trip). I've only sailed Mariner (balcony, wedding/honeymoon trip) and Navigator (family suite), and I didn't make those reservations, so I'm clueless on choosing a room. So far, after doing some research, I've narrowed it down to:

8552 ($309, obstructed)

3596 ($329)

4082/4582 ($339)

Can anybody offer some advice? Mostly I want to see the sun a little bit, maybe be able to see a little bit of docking at port. I know these questions have been asked a million times, and I tried to do some searching and narrowing before I posted, but I'm getting search errors. Thanks in advance! :)

It's totally going to be a personal preference for you. Deck 8 is close to deck 7 which is the walk around deck outside the ship. You will get light but won't be able to see much if it's actually obstructed (sometimes they aren't). Obviously, it's the cheapest so that's a bonus. To get off the ship you go to deck 1 though so you will have to travel down the stairs or wait for an elevator. If you're on 3/4 you can just walk down/up no problem really quick.

If you're the kind of person who really is active on their vacation and experiences everything the ship and pots have to offer then you aren't going to be in your room much and it won't matter whereever you are.

To look out the porthole and see where you are, if the sun is up, etc, choose 3/4 so you have a better idea and don't have to look around an object. If you just want a little natural light, go for 8.

In the end, it won't really matter since you won't be in your room much and you'll likely need to walk or get an elevator at some point, whether you're getting off or heading to the WJ.

I've sailed on deck 2 both times I've sailed Majesty and been PERFECTLY happy.

I've sailed on deck 2 both times I've sailed Majesty and been PERFECTLY happy.

Glad to hear it!! :D

We have cabin #2625 in 12/08 and that is the first inside we've ever had.

The windows/portholes don't really allow you a good view of anything. They're more for light than the view.

If you really want to see the ship pulling into port, or whatever, you really need to go to an open deck.

I'd choose the deck closest to where I'll be spending the most time--it's easier to use the stairs than waiting for those slow elevators!

We've always found that deck 8 is the ideal "middle ground" for getting to all the different areas of the ship on the Sovereign class. The lifeboats have never been an issue.

Glad to hear it!! :D

We have cabin #2625 in 12/08 and that is the first inside we've ever had.

You really can't go wrong on Majesty unless you go too far forward and hear the anchor every morning or book on deck 7 and have people peeping in your window, lol.

Honestly, deck 2 is great. We had a couple who was on deck two as well joking with us in the elevator. We were in an oceanview and they were in an inside and when we shared this information, the man said, "well maybe we should stand on the opposite of the elevator since we're in such a different class!" LOL We had a good laugh about that one ;)

Well, I put 8038 on hold - we'll think on it tonight and make the decision tomorrow probably. :)

There's a minute chance DH might not be able to make the cruise, so we're planning to get insurance, just in case. Does the insurance cover putting off the trip for personal reasons?

Archived