Passport to enter Roatan

stephuney

My DH said that he read today that you need a passport to enter Roatan - I hope he got that confused with air travel ... anyone who has cruised there lately, do you need a passport to get off the boat?

When you leave and re-board the ship, you will need your sign and sail card, and an ID-driver's license will do. No passports needed....

However, beginning next year, even cruisers will have to have passports to travel. No more traveling on BCs...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

On our last cruise we were told that as Canadians we were required to have a passport to enter Belize. We had to show our passport at the cruise terminal but that was it. It went into our safe and we did not have to bring it out to enter Belize off of the ship. We went to 4 countries (USA, Mexico, Belize and Caymen Islands) and the only stamp we got was from the US, lol.

My PVP told me that I need a passport for my upcoming cruise as well. (Belize, Mexico, Caymen Islands and Roatan). Not sure if it will be needed anywhere besides the check in for the cruise or not.

Archived