Rome to Airport (FCO) Cost & Tip

Hello All:

I tried to do a search but it was not working.

I was quoted a price of 55 Euro by Rome in Limo for my wife and I from our hotel in rome to the airport (FCO).

Is that a competitive rate? Do we need to add tax and a 20% tip on top of that as well?

Thanks in advance

Matt

New Jersey

T-85

You will not add tax, but tip is optional. In Italy they say they do not tip at all or very little, but I tipped the same as I do normally when there and it was appreciated.

I was quoted 45 euro with another company, but booked 8 months ago for a trip this Sept., so I would imagine the prices are going up with the gas prices.

You have a reliable company and I believe they are english speaking drivers, where most of the taxi drivers I had in Rome were not. Stick with that ride to your hotel and you will not be sorry.

Do you have an early morning pickup? That seems a little high. I was just quoted 50 Euro from our hotel to FCO but that was due to the fact that our flight leaves at 6:15 and they need to pick us up before 4 am. Therefore there is an early pick up fee. Otherwise it would only be 45 Euro. This is for our land trip in Mid September

Your quote of 55 euros sounds good, it cost us 63euros from the Grand Flora Marriott Hotel to airport on June 8th. The driver didn't speak very good English, but we were able to communicate & got to right terminal . Terminal 5 & he helped with our luggage.

The hotel called the cab for us , but the cost of the ride probably started with the call. Oh well!!!:confused:

Angela

• 1 month later...

If you need an early morning pick up Rome Cabs will charge 55 Euro. We were quoted 45 E until I said that I needed to be picked up around 6:00 a.m. That's considered an early pick up and all of the car companies charge extra. Has anyone left for the airport between 6 and 7 a.m. from Rome on a week day morning? If so, how long did it take you to get to FCO? Stefano says an hour at that time, but in Oct. it took us 30 min. at the same time of day. I want to make sure that I give myself plenty of time, but don't want to get there before Terminal 5 opens at 7:00 a.m. Our flight is for 9:45 a.m. Thanks.

Joan

Archived