Coral Princess Huatulco 9/22/08

ST MARTIN GAL

My DH are going on the Coral Princess thru the Canal in September 08:). I was wondering if anyone has taken the Rural Communities & Traditions HUX110atour thru Princess. If you have what did you think?

Thanks for all your wisdom.;)

My DH are going on the Coral Princess thru the Canal in September 08:). I was wondering if anyone has taken the Rural Communities & Traditions HUX110atour thru Princess. If you have what did you think?

Thanks for all your wisdom.;)

DW & I are planning to do a Canal transit in early 2010 and I've been doing what research I can. Don't be surprised if you don't get a response as relatively few people do a Canal cruise that takes them to Haurulco.

Huatulco, as a cruise ship stop, is pretty new. There are only 67 threads that mention the port, with the oldest being in 2004. One other person asked about the Rural Communities & Traditions tour in April 2007 and didn't get a response from anybody.

Enjoy!

Thanks Paul,

I have been doing some research also but have learned sooo much on these threads that I thought I would give it a try. I have gone ahead and booked this excursion with the information that I have compiled and I am sure we will have a great time. Thank you for your response.

Thanks for your reply,

We have booked the Rural Communities & Traditions for this port. We are coming into this port with 3 full sea days and want to feel dry land under our feet for a while. We usually try and get into the community somewhat wherever we go so this looked like a good choice.

Hope you have a fantastic trip in October. We have some good friends that are doing this trip thru Royal Caribbean Monarch of the Seas in October. They of course want us to pave the way for them.

Once again thanks!

We did the Bay and Land excursion in Hualtuco in April on our Island Princess cruise and enjoyed it very much. We sat on the top deck in the very front on the catamaran - beautiful view from there and a nice cool breeze. The land portion was interesting. This is a fairly new port and they are busy with landscaping projects and construction of resorts. It should be a lot like Hawaii in years to come! We loved this port and wished there had been more time there. Enjoy!

Thanks for the reply Bucky3. I know the Island and Coral are sister ships and am looking forward to being on the Coral. I guess I'm kind of glad we are getting to some of these remote ports before they become like Hawaii. We have been to the Hawaiian Islands many times and love it there but thru the years have seen it become more commerical. Everything changes thru the years and there are always new places to experience. So off we go....

We dithered between the Princess (I think it's the Coral?) panama transit in October but my husband liked the HAL itinerary a little bit better, and since the trip is for his 40th birthday, he gets final say:p We've done one HAL and one Princess cruise together, and enjoy both. Plus, the Coral & the Westerdam are very close in size (and big, as far as we're concerned) so that part of the comparison was a toss-up. The cruise we're doing at Huatulco is a private boat (27') and costs us $180 for 1-6 hours--to do whatever we like:D We could take another couple (the $180 is for up to 4 people) but since we're cruising as a couple only, it'll just be us...

It seems like half our ports are little known...We do like it that way!

Hoyaheel thanks for your reply.

We are getting pretty excited about this cruise even though it is 85 days away. To be honest we normally are land based travelers and have done a few cruises in the past. We have always been interested in the Panama Canal and figured the only way we would ever see it would be to cruise it. You will be celebrating your husbans 40th Birthday on your cruise and we will be celebrating our 40th Wedding Anniversary on our cruise. Our Anniversary is actually on August 17th and the cruise won't be until September so on August 17th we are going to go see Tom Petty in Concert at the Gorge (which is an outdoor Theater in Washington State) .

I love the new ports that we will be visiting (the only one we have been to is Aruba). We have vacationed somewhat thru out Mexico but not Huatulco.

Hope you have a fantastic sail and many good memories to come home with.

Archived