Hyatts in FFL and Miami

Pariscruiser

Hello,

We are landing in FFL after our Transatlantic on the Noordam (Oct 18th) and have 2 days before we fly back to Europe from Miami airport.

My husband has enough Hyatt points for the 2 nights but we cannot decide which Hyatt to go for!

Pier 66, Bonaventure, Coral Gables, Regency Miami etc ..............

Does anyone have any experience with any of these hotels. Ideally, it is an extension of our holiday, but we are happy to explore the area and not just stay at the hotel but we will not have a car.

So what I am really asking is which one would offer the best location and facilities for 2 days without a car to end our trip!

Thank you for any help any one can give! :)

Hello,

We are landing in FFL after our Transatlantic on the Noordam (Oct 18th) and have 2 days before we fly back to Europe from Miami airport.

My husband has enough Hyatt points for the 2 nights but we cannot decide which Hyatt to go for!

Pier 66, Bonaventure, Coral Gables, Regency Miami etc ..............

Does anyone have any experience with any of these hotels. Ideally, it is an extension of our holiday, but we are happy to explore the area and not just stay at the hotel but we will not have a car.

So what I am really asking is which one would offer the best location and facilities for 2 days without a car to end our trip!

Thank you for any help any one can give! :)

My dh and I stayed at the Hyatt Regency in Miami last year for one night pre-cruise. We had originally booked the Intercontinental but due to an over sale they moved us to the Hyatt. We were nervous at first but the Hyatt proved to be more than adequate. I am not familiar with the other two areas so I can't offer an opinion on them. If I were in your shoes I would choose the Miami Hyatt Regency. First reason is that it is much closer to the airport in Miami which you are flying out of. Secondly the accomodations were very nice and exceeded our expectations. There are two dining options for each meal. The resturant and the pub/bar area. We ate dinner in the bar area one night and found it to be very good. The hotel is within walking distance of many other resturants if you are looking for those quaint area type places to eat. Many people love the Cuban food that can be found within a few short blocks. The Hyatt is also on the Metromover route which is a monorail that will transport you to various places in the area. Some people say they'd prefer to not ride it later at night but have no issues riding it during the day. You are also a short walk 15 minutes to Bayside Market where you will find many shops and resturants. You can also sit at one of the outside bar areas and watch the boats etc. There are also tours that run from Bayside that you can sign up for. Bubba Gumps Shrimp is there also. :)

I have stayed at the Hyatt Regency Pier 66 and the Hyatt Regency Coral Gables. The Coral Gables property is within easy walking distance of many nice restaurants and lots of shopping. Its pool area is attractive and pleasant. Service was impeccible. I would stay there again.

In the past, the Pier 66 property was one of my favorites. But, when they closed to the public the Top of the Pier Lounge, they lost my business. It was my favorite part of the hotel. It is a lovely property and I understand that recent renovations have improved the hotel. But, still, for me, when I am in Fort Lauderdale, I now prefer the Marriott Harbor Beach Resort.

We just returned from Miami and stayed at the Hyatt Place - Doral Airport - BEWARE - RIP OFF!!! We purchased the cruise package through Hyatt Place. Arrived, stayed the night, requested shuttle to cruise ship pier...all of a sudden it is now $12 per person. When we reserved it was included in the cruise package. After lengthy conversations (2 hours) they provided transportation to the pier. Ok, 7 days later, got off of ship and called Hyatt to arrange pickup at pier. Hyatt Place said cruise package was one way only and return was $12 each. Lengthly and stressful conversations later, they finally provided transportation to Hyatt Place. The arrived at Hyatt Place (Doral Airport) and the room we got has sopping wet carpet (from the air conditioner) and ANTS!!! Requested another room which they provided. Please forward this to anyone thinking about staying in Hyatt Place - Airport Miami.

Archived