Bermuda Triangle Nighttime Glass Bottom Boat

Has anyone taken this excursion in Bermuda? Just wondering if it's worth the $54. They give you a complimentary dark n stormy drink (whatever that is) but it sounds like a great night time excursion

We have done it and enjoyed it. However, I would not put it at the top of my "favorite excursions" list. We had been to Bermuda before and had done an island tour and explored on our own. This seemed to be something a little different.

My granddaughter and I enjoyed this tour two years ago. After a day of sightseeing it was relaxing to take a boat ride in the cool of the evening. I lived in Bermuda as a child but I had never been out on the water after dark and never on a glass-bottomed boat. It was amazing to me how much light there was on shore in places I remember as not being all that populated. I couldn't believe the speed and volume of the traffic going over the bridge. I had forgotten about what we used to call "flying fish" - they skipped along the water in large numbers beside the boat.

Our commentator was very knowledgable and I learned much about the reefs, the caldera, and some history that I had not been aware of before. I hadn't known that Bermuda ever had sea turtles, so it was gratifying to learn about the repopulation effort.

I don't know what kind of ginger beer they were serving because I didn't have any, but the ginger beer made in Bermuda is not as spicy as the Caribbean-style sold in U.S. supermarkets. Last year we bought 4 sixpacks in a grocery store and hauled them back to the ship. On Empress when I ordered ginger beer in the theatre it was the very strong kind (the waiter asked me if I knew how hot :eek: it was); in the diningroom they served me the Bermuda ginger beer. When I ordered it in Bermuda it was always the Bermuda product. Still a lot more gingery than our gingerale.

So, from the viewpoint of a 60-something Bermudaphile, the tour was a most enjoyable end to a lovely day.;)

Archived