Hotel choices in Dubrovnik -- advice?

We are going to be three nights in Dubrovnik before boarding the Windsurf in September. I'm trying to research hotels, and I wonder if any of you have some advice for me. The cruise ships seem to use the Hilton Hotel Imperial, and I'm looking at other options although the Hilton certainly looks very nice. Has anyone stayed at the Villa Glavic? Or the Hotel Argentina? Or the Excelsior? Or on the peninsula of Lapad which has the Neptun, Ariston, and Grand Park hotels?

I've checked Trip Advisor, and I'd love any other recommendations. Thank you!

My DH and I stayed at the Argentina for 5 nights during a land vacation to Dubovnik last May. I liked the hotel a lot - it is a 10 minute walk down hill to the walled city. We did the walk along the Adriatic twice a day - it was beautiful. The hotel has an outdoor covered breakfast patio overlooking the water. We loved the breakfast on the patio - we had drinks there one evening also. They have an indoor and outdoor pool. We had massages at the spa. It seemed a little less congested on this city of the walled city then by the Hilton which is at the other gate to the city.

Hello!

We stayed at the Hotel Uvala in May for 6 nights, it's a 4 star hotel. The rooms are spacious, breakfast was delicious, there's a spa and indoor pool

It's in the Lapad Bay area with the bus stop a few short steps from the hotel.

The bus is 8 kuna each direction and takes no more than 15 minutes to do....VERY easy...

I have pictures of our room at the Hotel Uvala, which had a gorgeous view of Lapad Bay on our website...

If you go to the link below, then into Croatia, then the 2nd photo album on Dubrovnik, they will be in there.

http://when.do.we.leave.googlepages.com/

Archived