Cape spear St. John's

We're going to St. John's Newfoundland mid september. Last time we visited we took a bus tour that included Cape Spear and this time we are interested in getting ourselves out there and spending the day walking the trails. Last time we were there only about 90 minutes and that wasn't nearly enough time for us. It looks to be only about 8 miles from the port. Does anybody have any idea about what a taxi would cost to get there and think they would be willing to come back and get us after about 5 hours? We also looked into renting a car but seems silly to just get from point A to point B and back. I remember there were taxis at the pier and I'm sure we could make an arrangement but I like to be prepared and know about how much it will run.

Thanks, Gerri

Cape Spear is about a 20 minute drive from downtown St. John's. You would have no trouble getting a cab down there as there are taxis waiting when a ship comes into St. John's. If you got a good cabbie I would think they would come back for you. If not the gift shop at Cape Spear is open until 6pm and they would call a cab to come get you. After 6 there is a security guard working and he'd do the same.

• 2 months later...

Personally just back from a conference in St John's. We watched your ship come in port with great jealousy and envy. You guys looked good. Isn't Jewel a great ship, in my favorite class. I hope you enjoyed your day.

I do have apicture taken from our window, but don't know how to paste it here. I will try to find out how to copy here, if you like.

Archived