Questions on cruising with a Baby

k74

Hi -

I have a 7 month old and am considering a cruise when my boy is 11 or 12 months old. A few questions:

1) What is the pricing for infants? I haven't seen any policies on RCCL's website specificially.

2) Can you request a crib or pack-n-play for the room?

Is there anything else I should consider before making this decision?

Thanks

I believe there is one cruise line that may only charge taxes and fees for an infant...But you do not say if your spouse or significant other is going...If you are the only adult in the cabin and the baby is the second passenger, he will pay full double occupancy fare. If he is the third, usually there is a reduced fare for 3/4th person. EM

The pricing is usually the 3rd/4th passenger rate whihc is roughly 1/2 the adult rate. Sometimes RCCL runs specials for $99 for the 3rd/4th passenger rate.

RCCL will provide in-cabin babysitting from 12 months up so you may want to go on or after your son's birthday.

You can request a pack n play. Its a standard graco one. Bring crib sheets though because they dont provide those.

Also remember plenty of diapers, wipes, sunscreen, meds like tylenol, motrin, baby toys, any favorite blankie/toy, pacifiers if needed.

Have fun, we cruised with our DD at 7, 12, 18, 24 and 27 months. It was always a breeze but the 18-24months range got a little more difficult since she was so mobile running, climbing etc.

On Celebrity, which is owned by RCCL, it is $500 to bring a baby (same rate for any third person, regardless of age).

As others said, they will provide a pack n play but you should definitely bring your own sheet.

Also, there is a special request line/email (don't know it exactly) but you can get baby food or formula provided by the ship.

Back in the day, we would sail on Disney and only be charged taxes and port charges for our infant children. Not sure what the cost is now. And, DIsney does provide a p-n-p with cool Disney crib sheets.

Also--Costa usually offers a Kids Sail Free for their Caribbean cruises. MSC has jumped on board and done the same for their upcoming Caribbean season.

CeleBrat

Archived