United Airlines Minimum Stays to be Required

I know that the airlines are doing everything possible to stay in business and fight off high fuel prices but it just seems that they keep doing so many things lately to alienate their customers. I know that if it's possible, I will drive rather than fly which is what I will be doing in November for my next cruise. It's about a ten hour drive tops but it beats having to deal with airports, extra baggage fees, etc. It's not fun to fly anymore. :confused:

Yes, I agree that it is not fun to fly. It is just faster. (Well, I suppose that's depending on where you're going and how long the security line is!) :)

Can I just ask a question here? why would you as a cruiser care? you're always going to have a minimum stay, this is going to affect Business travellers rather than vacationers and should leave more

Oops, i got an error message when this was posting, didn't think it went through...I should finish my sentence ;) .... and should leave more of the cheaper seats for us vacationing people.

What the heck? How can an airline make you stay somewhere longer? SOUNDS RIDICULOUS!

Airlines just did away with Saturday night stay requirements a few years ago. The airlines aren't requiring you to stay someplace longer, they're just offering cheaper fares if you stay over a Saturday. Fortunately, no one on the 7 day cruises will be impacted by this new requirement.

The airlines charging for the first and second bag are no different than the cruise lines imposing fuel surcharges. The airlines have tried to do that as well. However when they do, sales decline and the surcharge is recinded. There is no reason that the airlines should be expected to absorb the increased price of fuel without passing those costs along to their customers. So, if you can't get customers to pay a fuel surcharge, you collect the fees in other ways. Checking baggage adds additional weight to the plane and as such, uses more fuel. These checked bag fees are nothing but a fuel surcharge, just named differently. Expect to see inflight magazines, SkyMall and catering products removed in the near future. They all add weight to the airplane and hence, cost money in fuel.

Maybe we as customers should quit whining about the airlines, and concentrate on our elected officials. The sharks on wall street are allowed to just get to keep artificially bidding the oil prices up making everyone suffer. Look what happened with the dot.com's, then mortgages, and now they have something else to keep their greed going. They could care less about our economy.

Maybe we as customers should quit whining about the airlines, and concentrate on our elected officials. The sharks on wall street are allowed to just get to keep artificially bidding the oil prices up making everyone suffer. Look what happened with the dot.com's, then mortgages, and now they have something else to keep their greed going. They could care less about our economy.

I think I love you. ;)

Exactly. THEY are the ones I'd like to drop-kick to the moon over this oil mess.

Archived