6 - days til Fascination - nervous

Jackale

okay starting to get a little cuckoo with what to bring, what to try, and how to make this a great vacation for all of us (DH, DD's 19 + 16).....and i will admit a little scared...its only a three day out of miami, but a great start to see what this cruise thing is all about - any pointers?

Just make sure you all have bathing suits and something suitable for dinner and you'll be fine. Have a great one. We are leaving on the Inspiration from Tampa this afternoon and I just hope we have everything but am not concerned :D

okay starting to get a little cuckoo with what to bring, what to try, and how to make this a great vacation for all of us (DH, DD's 19 + 16).....and i will admit a little scared...its only a three day out of miami, but a great start to see what this cruise thing is all about - any pointers?

Just relax and enjoy! We love the Fascination and thought they had one of the friendliest crews ever!

pack light, go with an open mind.......and have fun. I say it is smart to start with a 3/4 day cruise. Because once the cruise bug hits you.........[and it will],,,,,,,,you will come home and be ready to book a longer one. And if the bug does not bite...you are on a short cruise and will be home soon......BUT THAT WILL NOT HAPPEN!!!!! Be safe and have fun!!!!

3 - 4 night cruise in my eyes is not enough time to get the true feel of what a cruise is all about and I would never suggest this to our clients (unless just looking for a short get-a-way and usually an experienced cruiser)... when cruiselines started the 5 night cruises.... that to me is the best way to get a true feeling of a cruise. Many times a 5 night cruise is not that much more expensive than a 3 - 4 nighter... Heck by the time you get comfy with your new environment, it's time to get off after 3 days !

Pointers..... RELAX, grab a frozen foo-foo drink.....explore the ship... grab a bite to eat....RELAX with another frozen foo-foo drink.....Take a nap, get ready for a wonderful meal. see a great show (dont forget that frozen foo-foo drink !).... go back to your stateroom and enjoy that comfortable bed and {{giggle}} at the towel animals awaiting your admiration.....RISE AND SHINE and start all over again till they drag you off the ship kicking and screaming for more ! :D

Have a GREAT CRUISE.. you'll be hooked and progress to a longer cruise hopefully !

Trust me Jackale....a 3 day is PERFECT for starters...(unlike what others may say)...it is not enough that is true, but it will certainly be enough to let you know you want more...anyway, what I learned is what others have said; once you have packed, take out half. I am not kidding and if you don't you will say to yourself "why didn't i listen to that lady on CC??"..lol..go..have a great time, enjoy..

Relax....you will be on vacation. All you need is some shorts,tees, and a bathing suit.

Im going on a 5 day on Saturday. I pack for all of 4 of us...dh, me, 15yr old ds, and 9yr old ds. I havent even thought about it. Im going on a well deserved vacation. Im going to enjoy it with some drinks, food, and some long naps.:D

Enjoy!

Look at what you have packed... empty out half...

Next, look closer because the MOST IMPORTANT things to bring are a great attitude and reasonable expectations.

DON'T let other passengers spoil your vacation. Remember, you're on board with about 2300 other folks and at least one of 'em is bound to be a jerk.

Lastly, relax. Even if you forget something, other than your ID and such, almost anything can be replaced on the ship!!

Have a fabulous time and don't forget to let us know how you enjoyed your first cruise!!!

Mach

Oh... just one more thing... there is no such thing as an 'only a' or a 'just a' cruise... EVERY cruise is special regardless of length! You'll have a wonderful time.

Wow - thanks for all the comments! Don't worry we have great attitudes and expectations. I mean what can be that bad - we're on Vacation - no lawns to cut, no work, no alarm clocks - I'm really looking forward to it and I will be sure to post upon my return.

We have just booked the Fascination for the week after Christmas. For those of you who been before, can you tell me if the have done all of the updates? I have been told that only the staterooms and some of the public areas have been remodeled. What about the pools and deck areas? Any others?

Archived