Galaxy, Sky deck

stever

On the Sky deck aft, above the oasis pool, is that an area with lounge chairs? It looks like it would be a quiet area. Our inside stateroom in on the Sky deck, so was thinking we might luck out.

Thank you in advance

On the Sky deck aft, above the oasis pool, is that an area with lounge chairs? It looks like it would be a quiet area. Our inside stateroom in on the Sky deck, so was thinking we might luck out.

Thank you in advance

Hi, I had 1242 on Galaxy back in March and it was quiet and

convienent!:) Yes, there are chairs by that pool but it is

an area where not much noise takes place. Its the indoor

pool and most times people are reading or relaxing or both

in those chairs:).

One of my friends (WVUfan) recommended that cabin

to me and it was really a wonderful cabin.

I would say anywhere up on the Sky Deck AFT is a good

location.

Hope you have a great cruise!

The area immediately over the pool has no deck as the pool has a retractable roof - that is the area marked as the "magrodome" on the deck plans. The areas to each side are basketball courts. I don't recall there being room for any lounge chairs there, although there is space to walk around and admire the view - and plenty of places for lounge chairs not too far away. Here is a picture taken of the area from the balcony of CC room 1241, just adjacent to that area:

http://simon-pics.smugmug.com/gallery/2513550_gebK3#132003230_ej7cs

The netting is for the basketball courts and the white tent-like structure in the middle is the covering over the Oasis Pool - which was closed at the time the picture was taken.

Yes, it's a quiet area. The only motion would be the people who are using the running track around the deck. With the exception of the earlier part of the mornings, most of the time people were just walking around the track and it was quite quiet up there. A nice little spot to sit an collect your thoughts.

Liz

Archived