Carnival Sea Miles Credit Card

BalconyBumz

Hello, does anyone have the Carnival Sea Miles credit card? I'm thinking of getting one, but I can't find anywhere how many points it takes to get a free cruise. Does anyone have any more details on this?

You can redeem 50,000 points and get 500.00 off your cruise, Some 5 day cruises are free with upto 45,000 points or a 7 day cruise at 72,000 - 82,000 points, that per person not for 2.

Fred

You can redeem 50,000 points and get 500.00 off your cruise, Some 5 day cruises are free with upto 45,000 points or a 7 day cruise at 72,000 - 82,000 points, that per person not for 2.

Fred

Well that doesn't sound like a very good deal. I think I'll stick to my airline mileage card for my purchases.

We were on the Spirit in Feb '08 and fell for the SeaMiles Mastercard hype. But after using the card for everything, including groceries, I am not impressed or convinced that it is the best card for the actual return that one can get.

It is misleading to call the card a Sea "Miles" card when 10,000 SeaMiles do not get you many actual miles on a cruise.

I am thinking about going back to my Discover card or my Costco Amex card where I can get actual cash back.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Smitty

• 1 month later...
RUN Forrest RUN !! Run as fast and as far away from that card as you can.

NOT a good deal, they don't make it easy to book, nor do they give you any "deals". We usually warn anybody standing near the seamiles kiosk to run......... Occasionally we notice the information sign "mysteriously" turned face down when it is unattended. Hmmm.............;)

Sol y Mar

I got a RCL VISA, they gave me 25,000 free points, enough for $150 off any cruise. I dont charge a lot. Double points if you spend it on RCL cruises.

I can also use the free points for a free upgrade for inside to outside on a 7 day cruise. The price difference is way more than $150 for the two of us to upgrade on Voyager, but not crazy about where the OVs are on the ship.

Might be 15,000 to upgrade on a shorter cruise I forget. It seems to work ok to me, some of the others I wouldnt for sure use what the cards give you points to use on, but I will do another RCL cruise.

Seamiles is one of the worst rewards cards out there! Get a card that gives you cash rewards that you can use any way that you like. Had a Seamiles card, cut it up after discovering that you must redeem points through their TA who won't even honor past guest, senior, military or any other discount to which you may be entitled. They claim that is "double dipping".

We used it on a cruise two years ago and it was the most expensive cruise we ever took. We had even gone on the same ship before. Internet websites have gotten us a great deal on the past two cruises. We can save our credit card points for cash back or air fare.

Archived