Transportation to Seattle

apples1996

I realize a zillion people have probalby asked this question, but this is the finally thing I need to take care of before I leave Tuesday. We need to get from Vancouver to Seattle. I don't care where at in Seattle because I will have a ride at that point. We plan to stay for two days in Seattle to check out the markedt, waterfront and just Seattle in general.

How do we get there from Vancouver? People have suggested Amtrack and the shuttle, but where will the Carnival Spirit dock in Vancouver and how far from that docking area is the train or shuttle? HELP! I want to secure a ride before I leave.

Thanks,

Sharon

Kentucky

Check the port of Vancouver site at http://www.portvancouver.com for ship schedules. The port schedule calendar shows the Spirit docking at Canada Place.

I was going to say your travel agent should be able to tell you which pier your ship is docking at, but then I remembered our Hawaii experience and how difficult it was to find out where our ship was docking in Honolulu. But we didn't have a problem in Vancouver.

Wishing you a wonderful trip and good weather.

Is it still possible to book the transfer with Carnival once I get on the ship? Or is it best just to take the quickcoach that someone recommended? We fly on a nonstop from Cincinatti to Anchorage this Tuesday. YIPPEE!

Thanks so much,

Sharon

Kentucky

Apples,

how many people do you have to transport to Seattle?

We just got back... there were three of us. I booked a rental car with National, one-way. It cost me just over $135 + gas. HTH.

Oh, and David, in the rental car office gave a great tip to visit Stanley Park in Vancouver before heading south to Seattle. He gave me directions to the park and also to Seattle.

There is only two of us. This is my friends first cruise and my third since APRIL 2007. I have to take at least a year break after this unless I win the lottery. I took my first cruise with my daughters on Celebrity Century and sort of got hooked. I took my Mr. Wonderful with me on Navigator of the Seas March 2008 and now my teacher friend and I are leaving our husbands home and taking in Alaska. I want her to enjoy the trip enough that we could potentially make this a every two year thing together. I just don't want to get to Vancouver and feel lost. I want a plan to get to Seattle that works at as smooth as it can considering a border crossing.

Sharon

We walked off the ship with our luggage a few minutes after docking at Canada Place. You should have plenty of time to catch the 10:15 Quick Coach if you do the same thing. If you check your luggage and have to pick it up pick it up on the dock, I have no idea how much time that would take.

Hope you find this info helpful, as I sure found your suggestion of trying to make an Alaska cruise an every two year event a marvelous idea. I'm going to pass it along to my travel partner.

I realize a zillion people have probalby asked this question, but this is the finally thing I need to take care of before I leave Tuesday. We need to get from Vancouver to Seattle. I don't care where at in Seattle because I will have a ride at that point. We plan to stay for two days in Seattle to check out the markedt, waterfront and just Seattle in general.

How do we get there from Vancouver? People have suggested Amtrack and the shuttle, but where will the Carnival Spirit dock in Vancouver and how far from that docking area is the train or shuttle? HELP! I want to secure a ride before I leave.

The Carnival Spirit is using Canada Place this season. Quick Shuttle will pick you up there. If you use Amtrak, either train or bus, they depart from the Pacific Central Station which is at Main & Terminal Sts. about a 10/15 mins cab ride and about a $15 fare. Alternately you can use SkyTrain which is about 100 paces east of CP, you take it to the Main St. Station which is across the street from the PCS; the cost $2.50 (CDN only) pp, time .... allow 30 mins or so for walking, waiting for train and travel.

Thanks for all the input. I think we will do the Quickshuttle and hope we make it timewise. I will check on the ship for the transfer, but right now I am leaning toward the Quick shuttle. WE LEAVE TOMORROW!!!

Sharon

Kentucky

Archived