b&b in Anchorage

chrob

Can anyone recommend a good b&b in Anchorage? Does anyone know if any of the b&b's will store your luggage whilst we drive to Danali for a couple of nights and then return to stay in Anchorage for a further 2 nights?

Is Mid-town the best place to stay?

How much luggage do you plan on having??? I wouldn't overpack and always take it with you- even a compact car has a good size trunk. I've stayed in plenty of excellent B&B's in Anchorage. What are your priorities? cost, location, upscale, activities?? They run a big range.

We will probably have at least 3 large cases as we are travelling for 5 weeks through Canada & Alaska finishing with a cruise.........so we will need a large variety of clothes.

Requirements for B&B are must have private facilities and be clean.

Cost is important but not at the expense of the above.

There are over 350 B&B's in Anchorage- take some time to review the listings- http://www.anchorage.net The Teddy Bear B&B has a nice large room for about $125 and a good breakfast- south Anchorage. I still would not bring that many suitcases, plan on doing laundry- then you can cut down significantly.

We stayed at the Chickadee BnB in August for two nights coming back and forth thru Anc. It is south of the airport, close to the railroad tracks, you need a car. It was very nice, clean, two rooms and big family room downstairs with private bath for one of them. The other uses the bath upstairs. Price was in the $90 range with privt bath, and included large full breakfast and nice conversation. Shopping mall and some fast food not too far away. If you want email, let me know. I think Budget Queen has been there also.

Yes I have stayed at the Chickadee. Another favorite of mine is the Walkabout- with their free bikes for the Coastal Trail. I haven't stayed in any bad B&B's in Anchorage and only had one bad one in Seward of all my B&B's Alaska encounters. :)

Thanks for all the replies. There is too much choice!!!

Peg.....have e-mailed you. Book hasn't arrived yet but I'm expecting it any day now. (Been busy with the grandchildren, hence the delayed reply)

I am looking to book a place in anchorage for two nights. What is the advantage of a B & B over a hotel,cost? I am looking for somehting moderately priced, the two places I found Inlet Tower Hotel $89 andAnchorage Suite Lodge have no air condition, we are cruising in the end of July 2005, I would think it would be uncomfortable without air, any and all responses and suggestions are appreciated.Thanks

Archived