White capris or pants after labor day

We are going to Canada in September and I was wondering if I could still wear white after Labor day. My thinking is that if the weather is warm it should be okay. I just don't want to look out of place or stupid, lol. Any thoughts.

You sure can. If the weather is great ..why not. We had an unusally long summer last year. I guess you can call it an Indian summer that extended all the way until Thanksgiving in October! Many people still wore their summer clothing. It was a bit strange to see at first because you think Canada, autumn? Our climate is def. changing.

Enjoy your upcoming cruise!

I think you need to dress for the weather and the climate.

You didn't mention what fabric the pants are. I think that white linen in Canada in the fall would look odd and ridiculous. However, if it's a pair of white jeans, they might look okay if it's unusally warm and sunny.

Personally, I wouldn't pack them since you're going to have to count on having unusally warm/ sunny days for them not to look out of place. And so you could end up using precious suitcase space for something you might not wear. I'd take pants (jeans, heavy cottons/khakis) that will definitely get worn, not just maybe worn. Check the weather the day before you leave town and if they're predicting an unusually warm week, then throw an extra pair of white jeans into the suitcase if you really want to wear them.

Folks wear white in winter--as long as the article of clothing is appropriate to the weather (no shorts in the snow!), then you'll be fine!

It really is dependant upon the fabric. White linen no, white wool yes.

(also we're talking northern climates here, not florida or tropical islands)

I'd say that it will really depend on the weather that week. I'm from western Canada where you can have snow in September, and I know Ontario is often warmer, but it can be cold, grey and rainy. So I'd check the weather before packing them.

I absolutely agree with Jane ~ a lot also depends on the fabric. Don't think I'd wear white capris after Labour Day when you're that far north, but a white khaki or jean would be fine.

We are going to Canada in September and I was wondering if I could still wear white after Labor day. My thinking is that if the weather is warm it should be okay. I just don't want to look out of place or stupid, lol. Any thoughts.

A lot of people break the no white after Labour Day up here now, but I was brought up in the same house as my Grandmother, so white shoes get packed away for me. If you love them, wear them.

I don't own white pants. I'm the type who gets mark on them 5 minutes after putting them on.:o:D

Archived