wait list

hoophome

Hi All,

I'm interested in cruising Holland for the first time, however the cruise I'm looking at is sold out. I'm wondering if there are any tips anyone may offer to increase my chances of getting off a wait list? For example should I put my name on the Holland wait list? Or am I better putting my name on one of the re-sellers wait lists? Or are there other places to check out that may still have rooms?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Hi All,

I'm interested in cruising Holland for the first time, however the cruise I'm looking at is sold out. I'm wondering if there are any tips anyone may offer to increase my chances of getting off a wait list? For example should I put my name on the Holland wait list? Or am I better putting my name on one of the re-sellers wait lists? Or are there other places to check out that may still have rooms?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

The "resellers" seem to have an upper limit on the number of bookings they can make on a given cruise. In the past, I have seen resellers show the cruise as sold out, but was able to check the HAL web site which showed some availability. If you want the cruise, I suggest you call or connect to HAL and ask about availability. Unfortunately, when HAL upgraded the web site, it eliminated the ability to easily check on availability (at least that I can find).

We were waitlisted several years ago on the Maasdam. We dealt directly with HAL, and found out if you place a deposit (fully refundable if you don't clear), that you have a much better chance of getting on, rather than just giving your name. We were notified about one week prior to sailing, but could drive to the port. Don't guess it would have worked if we had to deal with air.

Good luck.

Archived