St. Vincent

timespliters

• 3 weeks later...
Our cruise stops in St. Vincent in Oct this year. Has any one stoped their and what is a must to see and I think they have black sand beaches so which is the best or a hotel bye beach you can use. Thanks for help

Each time we stop in St. Vincent, we book a water tour through Baleine Tours (http://whalbich.googlepages.com/home). We have it booked again for this January for the 4th time.

Each visit is different and we get to see new and exciting things. For us, a visit to St. Vincent would not be the same without a day with Wayne of Baleine Tours. Great day with a visit to the Black Sand Beach, Pirates of the Caribbean movie set (where we have lunch), and a trip down the coast watching for dolphins along the way to the last lava flow where we go ashore and search for vocanic diamonds. Wayne mixes a mean rum punch (and also offers sodas) too.

I can highly recommend this tour.......................if it wasn't wonderful, we would not be booking it for our 4th visit there. :) :)

Each time we stop in St. Vincent, we book a water tour through Baleine Tours (http://whalbich.googlepages.com/home). We have it booked again for this January for the 4th time.

Each visit is different and we get to see new and exciting things. For us, a visit to St. Vincent would not be the same without a day with Wayne of Baleine Tours. Great day with a visit to the Black Sand Beach, Pirates of the Caribbean movie set (where we have lunch), and a trip down the coast watching for dolphins along the way to the last lava flow where we go ashore and search for vocanic diamonds. Wayne mixes a mean rum punch (and also offers sodas) too.

I can highly recommend this tour.......................if it wasn't wonderful, we would not be booking it for our 4th visit there. :) :)

Thanks for your reply, it looks very nice. Their will be 4 of us, does he add other to the trip and what is the cost? I ask you before I email him.

Thanks

Thanks for your reply, it looks very nice. Their will be 4 of us, does he add other to the trip and what is the cost? I ask you before I email him.

Thanks

Normally, we get a group together on our roll call here on cruise critic. He has a minimum number of 12 and a maximum number of 25 passengers that are needed for the tour. The price will vary depending on fuel costs for your date booked.

If there are only 4 of you, you can do two things, email him and see if he is booked for that date and if he is, he will put you in contact with whoever has it booked to see if they have room. OR, you can check with those on your roll call to see if there are 8 others willing to join you.

The cost, again, depending on the rising cost of fuel, runs around $80 per person for the all day tour, unlimited rum punch and lunch (at the Pirates of the Caribbean movie set restaurant) are included, and he also supplies snorkeling gear for your use.

Best of luck. With so few great tours offered for this island, it is usually quite easy to make a group from your roll call members!

I'm looking for someone who can pick up a couple of compact discs for me.

I won't be back to St Vincent's, since the Noordam is no longer leaving from NYC, and I want to give a friend some cd's like I have of the Harmonites String Band. People who have been there will remember them playing right near the dock.

I don't know why they call it a "string band," because the group uses a 55-gal drum, tuned, what appears to be a bunch of tuned #10 cans and some strings. They are very good.

I don't believe in copying albums, but I've tried every possible way to contact the group, without success.

If someone is going to St Vincent's and can pick up a copy of "String & Steel" and "Hats Off," mail and bill me. For references on my honesty, go over to the HAL board and ask there.

Thanks,

tomc

Ok; thanks. I really am dead set against copying cd's, but have run out of ways to contact these people, their distributor, the person who engineered the session, etc. I even tried the phone number I found when using Google!

If you don't have any luck before January, I will look for them then. We leave on the Grand January 2nd, but I'm sure someone will be there before then. If not, contact me.

If your still on the Grand departing Jan 2nd you drop in on the roll call.

We have booked Wayne for St Vincent.

Archived