What Berth # does the Monarch dock?

Bell Ringer

When I was filling out the form for SuperShuttle, it gives 3 choices- Berth 91,92, or 93. I am clueless since it gives the same address for all of them. If we want to be picked up after a Monarch cruise to go to LAX, which should I fill in as the place to be met?

There are 4 of us. Should we just sign up for the "shared van"? Advantages, disadvantages? Thanks for your help! :confused:

Shared van is cheapest, but they may make up to 3 stops between LAX and the cruise ship port to drop people off along the way, and they may drive around LAX for a while to fill up the van. If money is less important to you than time, you may want to get an exclusive van or consider a town car through them.

It really shouldn't matter which berth as when the shuttle or taxi or your Aunt Bessie coming to pick you up just needs to know which ship you're on. when they enter the World Cruise Center, there's a marquee that says which berth each ship is at.

Shared van is cheapest, but they may make up to 3 stops between LAX and the cruise ship port to drop people off along the way, and they may drive around LAX for a while to fill up the van. If money is less important to you than time, you may want to get an exclusive van or consider a town car through them.

When we leave on Friday morning, the shuttle shouldn't have to stop before the airport, should it? I would think that many people will have signed up for the trip. We need to be at the airport,checked in 2 hours before our 12:30 flight. By the way, how large is the shared van and how large is the town car?

If you wait for a shared van to the airport only, and it is totally full before you leave the pier, you will go direct to the airport and then drop each party off at their airline. If you get in one going to the airport and others get on who are going to their own homes or hotels on the way, then you can have up to 3 stops.

Check their website, but I believe the exclusive van holds about 10, the same as the shared vans. The town cars can hold 4, but their may be a problem with luggage unless you pack very light.

It seems like every question I need answers for, the responses come quickly!

I'm sure glad you're asking the same questions I have. When is your cruise? We'll be on the Monarch in September and have a 12:15 flight out of LAX. Let us know how you make out,

Thanks

I'm sure glad you're asking the same questions I have. When is your cruise? We'll be on the Monarch in September and have a 12:15 flight out of LAX. Let us know how you make out,

Thanks

Our cruise is Aug 4-8. Really looking forward to it! Will report after we get back home.

We ordered an exclusive van for pick up between 9:40 and 9:55am. Even with traffic, I am hoping to be at LAX with the required 2 hours prior to flight. (12:30) Is that reasonable?

I had read earlier that the Vision often is late with disembarking, and was hoping that Monarch is not usually late letting us off. Supposedly, on Friday, it is the only ship in dock.

All four of us traveling together are Platinum, so guess we can get off with the early ones. ( I did want a decent breakfast, rather than just sweet rolls in the platinum location, so we didn't have as much to purchase in the airport!) Am I asking too much?

You will probably be okay. The problem I remember is people lining up to get off the ship before their color was called, this led to a very long line and frustrated crew members and passengers. They schedule the higher decks to get off earliest so if you are on an upper deck you should be off sooner. I would use whatever perks you can get with your platinum status. We were on deck 4 and it seemed that we were on the road by 10:30. Even with this we waited until after our color was called because the line was too long, so we waited in the theatre until the line thinned out. We probably would have been off sooner, but were in no hurry and did not want to spend a lot of time standing in a line that did not seem to move. Some blamed customs for the delay, but I think it was more due to people who couldn't follow directions. I can't remember if the dining room was open that day, we had breakfast in the Windjammer after leaving our cabin by 8:00AM which is when they want you to vacate. So just get up early, have a nice breakfast in the buffet.

We are Platinum, and were off the Monarch and on the road by 8:05 am. White tags were call right around 7:15 am. So if you want a hot breakfast you will need to head up to the Windjammer around 6:30 am. Not sure what time the dining room opened. If you wait and go later the lines do get longer to get off.

Archived