Coral/Island Princess Cabins

Travelrd

I've only sailed on the Grand Class shp, Golden Princess. I've heard the balcony bathrooms and showers are very small on the Grand Class ships so that's why I've booked mini suites.

Now, I'd like to take a Panama Canal cruise on either the Coral or the Island Princess and I was wondering if their balcony rooms bathrooms and showers are larger or the same size as the Grand Class ships. Can someone offer an opinion please?

Thank you.

I can't imagine the bathrooms for a balcony category being any smaller than they are on the Grand class ships..I've sailed most of them. I am sailing on the Island Princess in October and have seen pictures of the BB category balcony, and it looks like the same size as the Grand Class.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a great resource for the Island/Coral balcony and mini suite balconies, with pictures:

http://mysite.verizon.net/res76zxu/princessbalconies/index.html

I don't think the bathrooms are any different, size wise between the Coral/Island and the Grand Class ships. The minis do have small tubs, which make them a bit bigger than the balcony cabins that just have showers.

We have been in both a mini and a balcony on the Star (Grand Class), and a balcony on the Island. They were all wonderful! I'd book a cabin with a partially covered balcony on the Caribe Deck before I'd book another uncovered balcony on a mini suite on the Dolphin Deck..........but that's just MY opinion...... :)

• 3 years later...

We were on Island Princess on Panama Canal in a mini suite on Baja deck, there is a block of these cabins forward, they are coverd so not overlooked from above, also on this deck further forward,there Is a door which has no signs on it right at the end of the corridor, on the day of going through canal it us unlocked and if you go through it there is a wrap round balcony at front of ship for a fantastic view. Very few people knew about it, so it was never crowded, great for seeing everything and photography.

Archived