Busses in Quebec City

Hi. Just wondering how easy is it to get a bus from the cruise port in Quebec City to the Museum of Civilization? I know it's a number 1, but checking the bus site, it's only in French (hablo espanol and very badly at that) and I haven't found a map of the routes.

We want to explore the city by foot mostly, maybe a horse and carriage ride with city history thrown in, eat at wonderful cafes/restaurants, take history tours, and just take advantage of the 400th anniversary events if possible.

We'll be there on Saturday and Sunday, Oct. 11 and 12, 2008.

Thanks, brigid-

As already mentioned, the Musée de la civilisation is right accross the street from the dock area - and indeed, right in front is the bus stop! Speaking of which, just by curiosity I wandered around the RTC website, and actually found an english page: http://www.rtcquebec.ca/francais/new_customer_/copie_de_autobus_mode_emploi.html , which seems specifically aimed at visitors, although as I had to get at it thru the back door, and there's no obvious link to it, damned if I know how visitors are actually supposed to find it! :rolleyes:

For info on activities relating to the 400th, there's a bilingual website here: www.MyQuebec2008.com .

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the info! We'll be at Quai 93, not far from Quai's 21 & 22.

Do you know if Tours Voir Quebec - The Grand Tour is a good intro to the city? We're looking for a walking history tour.

Any recommendations on restaurants, both French and Canadian cuisine? My husband always asks what the local favorite dish is whenever he goes into a new restaurant.

brigid-

Down near the dock, l'Initiale (actually right behind the Musée de la Civilisation) is one of my favs, very chic but not stuffy, and the owner/maitre d' is very nice. Also like l'Échaudé, a more casual bistro a bit further down on the same street. In Upper Town, near the Château Frontenac, Aux Anciens Canadiens is great, posh-Québécois cuisine.

Can anyone tell me if the activities relating to the 400th, Espace 400, is within walking distance of the cruise dock?

It is from walking distance from pier 21 and 22 and a short bus ride from pier 93.

I guess my question becomes then will dock 103 be easily accessible to the activities relating to the 400th, - Espace 400? Is Espace 400 something that is worthwhile spending time at while in port? Any advice would be appreciated. My wife and I don't have any concrete plans yet for our time in Quebec, and were just planning on walking around and taking in the sights, so any specifics on would be appreciated.

Thanks

I guess my question becomes then will dock 103 be easily accessible to the activities relating to the 400th, - Espace 400? Is Espace 400 something that is worthwhile spending time at while in port? Any advice would be appreciated. My wife and I don't have any concrete plans yet for our time in Quebec, and were just planning on walking around and taking in the sights, so any specifics on would be appreciated.

Thanks

I believe that there's a shuttle service from dock 103 to the area near the terminal (docks 21 and 22). If not, the no. 1 bus will take you straight to Espace 400.

Another service that I don't think I've mentioned in this thread: the Ecolobus. These are small, electric buses that service Old Québec, starting from right beside the dock area (and passing Espace 400) to the entrance to the Plains of Abraham. This bus service is perfect for cruise ship passengers, as it is the only direct bus service between the dock area and Upper Town. Best of all, it's free!

Here's a link to the route map: http://www.rtcquebec.ca/_cms/plugins/horaires/carte_reseau.aspx?parcours=21

Hi,

We'll be in Quebec City Oct. 11 & 12 also. I've been searching for something special the evening of Oct. 11 for Espace 400, but so far no luck. By the way, thanks to the person who posted restaurant names.

Pug1

What sparkling nightlife is offered on Oct 11, 2008 a Saturday night in Quebec City?!?

Not that we go out at home, but we do like to take advantage of our time while on vacation.

Is the city relatively safe to walk around at night especially around the piers?

Dinner and dancing?

Night time openings of museums?

Special 400th anniversary concerts?

Isn't there a garden dressed up with lights somewhere?

Romantic dinner cruises on the St Lawrence river?

An ultra-cool place to hang out, get a coffee and people watch?

later, brigid-

Hi,

We'll be in Quebec City Oct. 11 & 12 also. I've been searching for something special the evening of Oct. 11 for Espace 400, but so far no luck. By the way, thanks to the person who posted restaurant names.

Pug1

Also thanks to the person who posted the website that shows the various piers.

I see that the Constellation will be docking at Pier 93....any suggestions as to something to see in the immediate area or close by?

Or will there be taxi's available ?

Pug 1 and Brigid....if you are on the Constellation, you might want to check in on the Roll Call for that date.

Happy cruising,

Marilyn

Archived