Help! Celebrity Constellation Cabin suggestion

fruitygirl

G'day out there,

Can anybody help me with this? Sailing on Celebrity Constellation in December next year (I know it's a long wait but the best cabins go quickly!).

We are booked into cat 2C cabin number 6076. There are three of us travelling (2 adults and my 11-year-old son). I have been told that this is a good cabin, midship and covered balcony. My question is this: "Is there a better 2c cat cabin on this level?" Has anyone been in this cabin?

We shall be on the Ruby Princess in June next year and have opted for the minisuite E730, which many of you clever cruisers suggested because of the bigger balcony. Well, I've got that one booked but I'm wondering whether there are any similar balcony rooms on Constellation that have a bigger deck area or are somewhat larger compared to the other balcony cabins?

Any suggestions would be much-appreciated.;)

G'day out there,

Can anybody help me with this? Sailing on Celebrity Constellation in December next year (I know it's a long wait but the best cabins go quickly!).

We are booked into cat 2C cabin number 6076. There are three of us travelling (2 adults and my 11-year-old son). I have been told that this is a good cabin, midship and covered balcony. My question is this: "Is there a better 2c cat cabin on this level?" Has anyone been in this cabin?

We shall be on the Ruby Princess in June next year and have opted for the minisuite E730, which many of you clever cruisers suggested because of the bigger balcony. Well, I've got that one booked but I'm wondering whether there are any similar balcony rooms on Constellation that have a bigger deck area or are somewhat larger compared to the other balcony cabins?

Any suggestions would be much-appreciated.;)

Well, first what makes for a "better cabin" is in the eye of the beholder...For some folks midship is very important...If, however, what you want is a larger balcony, the aft cabins tend to have larger balconies but are at the extreme rear of the ship...On this ship, there is a little secret that does not show up on the deck plans in the brochures or on the internet: The "Sweet Sixteen" as they are affectionately known here...There are 16 Category 2C cabins on Deck Six that have balconies TWICE the size of the other balcony cabins...These are the first eight balcony cabins toward the front of the ship on either side of Deck Six...If you look at the photos of the ship carefully...Deck Six is along the edge of the ship just above the blue stripe...In front of the lifeboats, the blue protrudes farther out to the side...and the cabins on that section have balconies that extend all the way out to that edge...

I'm right onto it! Sweet 16s ... hopefully I'll be able to land one of these cabins you've recommended. I'll have a look at the deckplans and suss it all out. My understanding od deckplans is a little crude though!

If you were choosing a particular cabin amogst these valuable beauties, which would it be? - number of cabin?

We were on Pacific Dawn over Christmas and had 9 metre seas ... not very pleasant cruising the tail end of a cyclone!

If it's alright with you, I'm going to stick with any suggestion you make. You seemed to know this ship which is a lot more than I do!

Looking forward to your magic cabin number.

Cheers.;)

Hi again Steve,

Just had a quick look at the cabins you suggested and I see what you mean!

Just another quick question; Do the first 3 cabins in this group have an uncovered balcony? They appear to run flush.

I would prefer a covered balcony ... what do you reckon about cabin 6027? It appears to be just after the exposed balconies?

I await your response.:confused:

Hi again Steve,

Just had a quick look at the cabins you suggested and I see what you mean!

Just another quick question; Do the first 3 cabins in this group have an uncovered balcony? They appear to run flush.

I would prefer a covered balcony ... what do you reckon about cabin 6027? It appears to be just after the exposed balconies?

I await your response.:confused:

On our Southern Caribbean cruise a few years back, we were in #6035...it and 6030 are the first of the group and actually jut out several feet past the ones immediately next door...The half of the balcony adjacet to the cabin is pretty much in the shade while the half toward the rail is completely uncovered as the balconies on Deck 7 are normal sized...

Those first three toward the front do have a sort of a structure surrounding them--supporting the structure as Deck 8 and 9 above are not balcony cabins...so, they are also a little shaxdier in total...

Take a look at these photos ( I tried to scrounge around the net looking for photos that might show it well):

http://www.cruisereviews.com/Celebrity/Constellation29Pics/connie.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2065/1564755750_010410c67c.jpg?v=0

http://www.cruisenaround.com/images/372_constellation.jpg

Hi again Steve,

Thanks for responding so promptly. I like the look of cabin 6035. Any noise from the tenders? You wouldn't happen to have any pics? You've gone to so much trouble already and I am truly grateful for all your suggestions.

If 6035 is only half covered, I really don't mind ... it is the Carribbean after all - love the sun!

Do those on the balcony above look down into the 6035 balcony? If you were happy with 6035 and I'm hoping that this will have a queen and pull out sofa configuration, then I shall call my agent and get onto it.

It is a toss up between 6021 and 6035 - sounds like 6035 may be a better choice. Let me know re the pics if you can. It would be great to see the actual cabin.

Also, thanks so much for the web pics - great shots of the Constellation.

Any other suggestions you might have will be devoured with consumate pleasure. Thanks again. Chat soon.

Thanks for that RosieRoo. Steve has actually sent me some super pics so I have got the gist of it! I've soooo got to get one of these cabins.

Wonder if there's anyone out there with pics of any of these sweet sixteens?

Cheers and thanks RosieRoo

We were in 6090, so only about 7 cabins down the hall from you. I found our cabin comfortable. this cruise, it was only my husband and I, but we had the loveseat/settee in our room that could be made into a third person's bed.

I felt there would be plenty of room for three people.

• 1 month later...

Hi there! My husband and I stayed in 6076 on Constellation this past February (our honeymoon.) It was a great room - private balcony; all you see below are the life rafts and no one can see in from above. Here's a picture of us on the balcony: http://picasaweb.google.com/brianandtamarasnyder/AtSeaOnTheConstellation/photo#5168967389779980754

Archived