Forward Viewing Decks on the Tahitian?

whale-watcher

A bit late to be posting the question, since we sail in just two days:D ...but are there any forward viewing decks on the Tahitian Princess that are not obstructed by glass windscreens (other than the forward private balconies)? We are especially interested in finding a good location for photography and whale watching for our day in Glacier Bay. Do they ever open the bow are during times of scenic cruising?

Thanks in advance!

You will not have any good forward photo opportunities on the Tahitian. The wind screen on Deck 11 is tall, and the only pics I could get is holding my camera over my head (and I am tall) and take it blindly.

Deck 11 is good for photos on either the port or starboard side as there is just a railing. Deck 10 would be the same.

You will not have any good forward photo opportunities on the Tahitian. The wind screen on Deck 11 is tall, and the only pics I could get is holding my camera over my head (and I am tall) and take it blindly.

Deck 11 is good for photos on either the port or starboard side as there is just a railing. Deck 10 would be the same.

Here is a photo showing the wind screen (which is taller than a person) on the forward part of Deck 11.

DSC01562.JPG.ae4e4b506584f617fd4d068f30dd7d76.JPG

We booked the penthouse suit on our November 19th 2008 cruise. I know that we will have some wind on sea days but who cares. I love all that space so the three of us are not runing into each other. Also will be nice in the ports in the south pacific. 10 days of once in a life time cruise.:)

Thanks for all the info...next time we will have to spring for one of the forward-facing suites ;-)

Problem with them is they can get so windy while under way they are unuseable..... and that can happen usually about half the time while sailing into the wind.

You should have plenty of photo ops from the sides. I got a great video of a whale breaching while on the promenade deck of a HAL ship.

There actually was a front facing standard balcony cabin (but no suites) available when we booked, but we were concerned that the headwind would be less than refreshing on our sea days in the Gulf of Alaska. At least it should be easy to get from side to side I'm such a small ship.

There actually was a front facing standard balcony cabin (but no suites) available when we booked, but we were concerned that the headwind would be less than refreshing on our sea days in the Gulf of Alaska. At least it should be easy to get from side to side I'm such a small ship.

I would go farther than "less than refreshing". I have gone out on the bows / forward ledges and been able to hardly stand up and would have lost my hat if I was wearing one.

Sailing 20 knots into a 20 knot headwind is a 40 knot equivalent.

I would go farther than "less than refreshing". I have gone out on the bows / forward ledges and been able to hardly stand up and would have lost my hat if I was wearing one.

Sailing 20 knots into a 20 knot headwind is a 40 knot equivalent.

that could make for some tough conditions for photography!:D

Archived