cruising with 2...5 yr olds lots of ?'s

momsoftwins

ok..heres the story. i personally have taken 7 cruises and now this fall i want to take "my girls" on a "fun ship"

my ?'s are this....

what to do in cozumel with them. we are in port from 1pm to 10pm

i was thinking about chankanaab park but they close at 5pm. so by the time we get off the ship and get there it would be after 2pm and that doesnt leave much time for fun. is there anyplace u guys would suggest.

we are lookin for a nice beach some snorkeling maybe a pool and some great (AI) drinks for me.

then key west...i was thinking about just booking butterfly/aquarim tour. then maybe shopping alittle

thanks for all that reply.

Have you considered Paradise Beach in Cozumel? I went on the website, but didn't see any hours posted. It's a great beach with small children, and it's about a 10-15 minute cab ride. The snorkeling from shore isn't great, but I believe they have a boat that will take you out. Also, no pool, and it's not all inclusive. But, unless you want to use the toys (iceberg, kayaks, etc), it's free - they just hope you'll purchase a drink or a snack. Their menu is on their website, with prices. We visited on two different occasions, and had a lovely time both days.

As for Key West, we had booked the glass bottom boat on our own, but the day we were there water conditions were too bad and it was canceled. So, we walked around, and found a place with outside tables and live music for lunch, which we lingered over. Just FYI: I wouldn't wonder too far into some of the shops with the kids - lots of interesting merchandise you'll have to get pretty creative to explain away! :eek:

Have a great cruise! :)

We've visited Cozumel a number of times, and most recently have used Paradise Beach as our "beach day trip." Cab fare to get there wasn't overly expensive, and the facilities are nice. No pool, but nice, clean beach with some shells. My daughter amused herself by making sandcastles and collecting little, tiny shells, while my son enjoyed the water activities. Also, the beach is somewhat sheltered, so you don't have to worry about large surf waves. For the adults--lots of good alcoholic drinks and lounge chairs!

Key West is a wash for us since we're Floridians. Usually, we get off the ship in Key West for about an hour to quickly shop for soda. Kids stay on-board and swim. I have heard that the Butterfly/Aquarium tour is nice though...

CeleBrat

I agree with Paradise Beach. The last time we went to Cozumel, we went to PLaya Mia...I don't really recomend it. It was all inclusive. But because it WAS all inclusive, there were MANY drunk adults in the small pool. It was really hard to keep the kids away from the adults because the shallow area of the pool and the bar were side by side.

The Playa Mia beach was just ok for me. And the food was blech.

If I had to do it all over again, I would do Paradise.

Thanks Everyone For Your Replies...ive Never Personally Been To Pb But I Think That The "toyes" Are Not For My Age Kids. I Think I Am Going To Keep Looking For Some More Things To Do.

Keep The Ideas Coming

Thanks

I would recommend not booking the tour in Key West. The aquarium is great for little ones and it's right off the docks. You can walk out on your time, see the aquarium and then if you are up for more go from there. There are a lot of other items we like on Key West. The trolley ride around town allows you to get off and on so you can let the kids get off at the light house and other stops. Also, a "key lime pie" tour is always popular with the kids we travel with, meaning share pie at all your stops and decide on the best one. We think Key West is a great kids stop.

Archived