Grand Hyatt Tampa

kgerkin

Has anyone stayed at the Grand Hyatt Tampa recently? I was looking for reviews to see what people have thought recently. We are going on the Legend at the end of July and are still tossing around which hotel to stay at. We no longer need a place to leave our vehicle. We've decided to keep it at the port. Since that is no longer a concern, we are looking for a nice hotel near activities such as shopping and restaurants.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Karen

The Hyatt Grand on Rocky Point in Tampa is one of the top 2 or 3 hotels in Tampa. The place is always well kept, great restaurants, nice lobby, great service and beautiful views, if your room is on the bay side of the hotel. The other side faces the airport and highway construction.

We stayed at the LaQuinta Inn and Suites (2.5 Stars) in Brandon. It was 20 minutes from the port and on the same street as the Westfield Mall. Lots of shopping and restaurants. Got it on hotwire for a total of $61 for four adults.

We loved sailing out of Tampa last July. We arrived the day before and stayed at the Tampa Mariott Waterside which is located on one of the waterways. ( We got a really good week-end rate using AAA. ) It is a beautiful hotel, and we were more than pleased with our choice. After checking in at the Mariott, we boarded the trolley which has a turning station right in front of the hotel. We rode it into Ybor City, and then continued on the route until we arrived at Channelside where the cruise terminal is. While there, we visited the Florida State Aquarium, ate at one on the restaurants (on the water) and familiarized ourselves with the terminal area for the next morning. There are bars, shops, plenty of restaurants, and even a movie theater. After we finished exploring that evening, we hopped on the trolley and headed back to the Marriott. Once we returned to our room, we enjoyed sitting on our balcony watching all of the marina activity that night. It was a wonderful way to begin our vacation! When we woke up the next morning, we went out on our balcony and looked to the left, and there was The Legend docked on the same waterway that our hotel was! It was an awesome sight. I took my mom (she was 81 at the time), and we felt just as safe as we could be!

The Grand Hyatt is a great hotel. Near the Intermational Plaza (upscale mall) and the Westshore Mall. All right by the airport. It has a restaurant o top of it called Armani's. One of the best restaunts in Tampa or anywheres. It is northern Italian and pricey. Also on the grounds is Oystercatchers. Great upscale seafood restaurant. Again pricey.

Also you might want to check the "Homeprots" section here on the boards for Florida. Many reviews and questions answered there.

This thread will probably get moved there but I hope my info helped.

By the way...both of the restaurants are on the internet for menus and pricing.

We loved sailing out of Tampa last July. We arrived the day before and stayed at the Tampa Mariott Waterside which is located on one of the waterways. ( We got a really good week-end rate using AAA. ) It is a beautiful hotel, and we were more than pleased with our choice. After checking in at the Mariott, we boarded the trolley which has a turning station right in front of the hotel. We rode it into Ybor City, and then continued on the route until we arrived at Channelside where the cruise terminal is. While there, we visited the Florida State Aquarium, ate at one on the restaurants (on the water) and familiarized ourselves with the terminal area for the next morning. There are bars, shops, plenty of restaurants, and even a movie theater. After we finished exploring that evening, we hopped on the trolley and headed back to the Marriott. Once we returned to our room, we enjoyed sitting on our balcony watching all of the marina activity that night. It was a wonderful way to begin our vacation! When we woke up the next morning, we went out on our balcony and looked to the left, and there was The Legend docked on the same waterway that our hotel was! It was an awesome sight. I took my mom (she was 81 at the time), and we felt just as safe as we could be!

As a resident near Tampa, I would have to say this is your best bet for all of the above reasons not the least of which is the proximity to the pier where you will embark the ship.:cool:

Archived