Did I get a good deal

4bellablue

Any deal that gets you on a boat is a good deal;) When evaluating cruises I have usually felt that anything below $100 a day per person (including port charges, but not taxes and fuel surcharge) was a reasonable price and anything below $75 was a good deal.

But there are so many variables that this is not a hard and fast rule. Cruising the Baltic is going to be more expensive and Caribbean less expensive. Repositioning cruises are perhaps the cheapest because the airfare for open-jawed flights is so expensive.

Bottom line...don't worry about it. Whatever you paid is worth it if you have a good time...and we know you will!

Hi Jackie:

WOW I just looked at some of your photo's. What type of room, palace did you stay in. Jeez it looks so nice. LUCKY!!! I am only staying in a inside cabin. 1st cruise.

I booked two rooms though.

I am heading back to your photo's it is great to be able to look at your pics

Jeane

Jeane,

I'm glad you liked the pictures. :D We were lucky enough to get an upsell to the Owner's Suite. We've had 3 upsells to OS's, twice on the Dawn and the last time on the Gem. I booked the OS directly on the Majesty since it was a great deal and $400 less than the AB's when I booked it.

We started out in inside rooms also and then went to balcony rooms. We had a ball in the inside rooms and every other type we've been in. I think you got a good price on your rooms.

Who gave you the price of $105 per person for Atlantis? Was it the cruise line? We've never gone there, but I've read that you can rent a room next to it at the Comfort Inn or Suites and you get full access to Atlantis. I've stayed on Paradise Island a few times on land vacations and we didn't go then either. I think we would if we had kids with us though.

How exciting to be going on your first cruise with your family.:D You're all going to have the time of your life.

The boards are a great way to find out lots of good info and people are usually very helpful. Just ask any questions you need answered and someone will probably be able to help.

Jackie

Jeane,

I'm glad you liked the pictures. :D We were lucky enough to get an upsell to the Owner's Suite. We've had 3 upsells to OS's, twice on the Dawn and the last time on the Gem. I booked the OS directly on the Majesty since it was a great deal and $400 less than the AB's when I booked it.

We started out in inside rooms also and then went to balcony rooms. We had a ball in the inside rooms and every other type we've been in. I think you got a good price on your rooms.

Who gave you the price of $105 per person for Atlantis? Was it the cruise line? We've never gone there, but I've read that you can rent a room next to it at the Comfort Inn or Suites and you get full access to Atlantis. I've stayed on Paradise Island a few times on land vacations and we didn't go then either. I think we would if we had kids with us though.

How exciting to be going on your first cruise with your family.:D You're all going to have the time of your life.

The boards are a great way to find out lots of good info and people are usually very helpful. Just ask any questions you need answered and someone will probably be able to help.

Jackie

Hi Jackie:

I called Comfort Suites and it will be almost 400.00 After all the taxes and cleaning gratuity. I also looked into staying at Atlantis, 450.00.

I also heard you can walk the property. Do just the "Dig" whatever that is. I will just keep checking.

It seems a bit much for a water park. Maybe we will just walk around or something. It is hard to figure out what to do.

I usally do all-inclusive, but I thought that going out of NY since I live in VT I would save air.

Do you know anything about this set up bar in your room?

So nice talking to you.

Again it sure does look like you all had a good time. Your room was amazing.

Jeane

Hi Jackie:

I called Comfort Suites and it will be almost 400.00 After all the taxes and cleaning gratuity. I also looked into staying at Atlantis, 450.00.

I also heard you can walk the property. Do just the "Dig" whatever that is. I will just keep checking.

It seems a bit much for a water park. Maybe we will just walk around or something. It is hard to figure out what to do.

I usally do all-inclusive, but I thought that going out of NY since I live in VT I would save air.

Do you know anything about this set up bar in your room?

So nice talking to you.

Again it sure does look like you all had a good time. Your room was amazing.

Jeane

Jeane,

Nice talking to you too. We did have a great time.

Yes, $400-450 is steep and you could do a lot more for that amount unless you have your hearts set on Atlantis. I know others went in April and it was a lot less. I guess they jack the prices up for February vacation weeks.

Going out of NY is great and very easy since it's on the weekend and you don't have to fight the traffic. :D

Yes, we got a bar set up when we were in a mini suite since the OS's come with 3 bottles of liquor and we didn't need any. The prices just recently took a very big jump, but it is still worth it with the price of some of the drinks. It was $40 for Absolut and it's now $80, it was $55 for Kahlua and it's also $80 now, but I'm not positive about that. We like having it in the room for when we're getting ready, relaxing or having company. You have to email the ship coordinator and she will take care of it for you. I think they call them group even coordinators now. groupeventgem at ncl.com

Jackie

Someone posted this a while ago.

Bar set up as of May 2008

NOTE: Bar Set ups are not available on NCLA.

Prices are subject to change.

Service fee of $3.00 per order will be applied.

Liquor/Price

Bourbon/Whiskey Seagram's 7 Crown $60 Jack Daniel's Black $80 Crown Royal Special Reserve $100

Cognac Courvoisier VS$60 Rémy Martin V.S.O.P$80

Gin Beefeater $60 Bombay Sapphire $80

Liqueurs Brogan Irish Cream $60 Southern Comfort $60 Di Saronno Amaretto $80 Godiva Chocolate $80 Grand Marnier $80 Kahlua $80 PAMA $80

Rum Bacardi Superior $60 Captain Morgan $60

Scotch Whiskey Cutty Sark$60 Glenfiddich$80 Chivas Regal$80

Tequila Cuervo Gold $60 1800 Reposado $80 Sauza Tres Generations $100

Vodka Smirnoff 80 $60 Absolut and Flavors $80 Grey Goose and Flavors $100

Archived