Miami - Enough Time to make 11:30 Flight? Need Quick Answer

Kuyaba

I'm trying to book flights for my family's return and the seats are filling quickly. If the ship is scheduled to dock in Miami at 8:00 am, will we have enough time to catch an 11:30 flight out of Miami?

It is risky - when we were booking our return flight for our cruise our TA said she would be VERY uncomfortable booking us on any flight before noon and that she would prefer something no earlier than 1PM

If you are looking to take a flight out of Miami on a weekend....ughh-- thats crazy- you just spent a great relaxing week on a luxurious vacation- one that you probably saved for a long time for. Now why would you want to ruin it with stress about making a flight-

Ok-- now that I gave you my opinion... IF your ship docks on time and it clears customs in a timely manner and you carry off all your luggage and be one of the first off....(do not put your luggage out the night before coz you could spent a great deal of time looking for your luggage) then grab a taxi and try real hard to be at the airport by 9 -9:30 I dont see why you couldnt make that. remember on a weekend lots of ships will be docking at the same time.

But again....when sailing on the Victory with a return on a Sunday--the ship did not clear customs until almost 10am..with all those people not paying on their account and clearing their credit..... we would have never made that flight.

Now I'm getting nervous! We booked a flight home for the 10 of us at 1:15 pm

We're going to be on the "Victory" pulling into Miami on Sunday morning.

Do you think this will be too stressful trying to make this flight?

Should I try to change it for something after 2:00 pm?

Thanks for any info,

Maddie

Maddie: dont be nervous- you will be fine with that 1:15 flight. take your time with breakfast and dont rush off the ship. If you are off even by 10am you will make that flight with plenty of time. The whole idea is not stress after planning a wonderful vacation.

I have had no problem with a Delta flight that leaves Miami at about 11:15. Just make plans to be off the ship first! Just let the purser know you have an early flight!

Of course if your ship is going to be delayed by a hurricane, etc. it really wouldn't matter when your plane was leaving! :)

Right after I posted my question, I had only read the first response from mcboo saying that the 11:30 was too early and so I didn't book that one. This is the first time I've been back on the board and see 11 more responses so far!

Actually, when I posted the 11:30 question, I had already booked (the day before) 4 of us on a 1:00 flight, which I thought would have been plenty of time. When I was trying to book the other 4, the 1:00 flight didn't come up available, only 11:30. That's when I posted the message, read the reply and didn't book them that time. But when I checked flights the next morning, 1:00 was available so I booked the rest of us.

Now I come back to read 1:00 might be too early. I hope not. We’re already paying more for these tickets than I ever have in my life for a flight to Miami and the cost of later afternoon flights were astronomical. We may be flying on one of the busiest days - the next Sunday after Easter, so I'm pretty sure that the airport will be packed. So, what’s a good game plan? We’re flying on American.

Kuyaba,

1pm should be ok as long as the ship doesn't get held up in customs. The extra hour and a half will give you some breathing room. If everything goes according to plan get to the airport and go standby on the earlier flight. I hope you feel more comfortable having this extra cushion of time.

mcboo

P.S. Living in south Florida we use this airport quite a bit and are very familar with its good points and bad points.

I think 1pm is plenty of time. and you dont even have to rush through breakfast. Most ships are done by 11= coz the new people are on by 12.

Even if you were the last ones off at 10:30 still gives you time to get to the airport and check in.

Does Carnival allow you to print boarding passes in the internet cafes?

Archived