Issues of taking last Antarctica in Mid March

Gunslinger

What are if any the issues of taking the last Antarctica Cruise starting in Mid March? Cruise lines offer transition cruises at that time at attractive prices.

Cruise ships (I believe you mean like HAL, Princess, etc) DO NOT have ice reinforced hulls nor are they ice breakers. You may miss some of your ports if the weather breaks to the cold side early. Just don't be disappointed (and threaten to sue the cruise line or demand compensation) if you can't make all the ports.

Cruise ships (I believe you mean like HAL, Princess, etc) DO NOT have ice reinforced hulls nor are they ice breakers. You may miss some of your ports if the weather breaks to the cold side early. Just don't be disappointed (and threaten to sue the cruise line or demand compensation) if you can't make all the ports.

Hurtigruten's Fram & Polar Star Expeditions' Polar Star both have ice capable hulls.

I would have guessed that you would have less ice in March than any other time of year. (Emphasize guess.) You could get a dose of early winter weather & the guano will be at its peak, but if the savings are significant, it could be a good value.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived