Seattle City Tour?

CocoKai

I read on here recently that someone did an NCL sponsored tour. It sounded like they saw some sights and then were dropped off at Sea-Tac. I can't find anything about it and think this may be a good solution to our 2pm flight and what to do with our luggage for several hours.

Also, I heard there were lockers at the Pier. Has anyone used these to store their luggage and were they HUGE?

I don't want to get off the ship at 9am or so and have 3 hours in Seattle with our luggage. It would be a waste to sit at the airport when we could be seeing stuff. Ideas???

I read on here recently that someone did an NCL sponsored tour. It sounded like they saw some sights and then were dropped off at Sea-Tac. I can't find anything about it and think this may be a good solution to our 2pm flight and what to do with our luggage for several hours.

Also, I heard there were lockers at the Pier. Has anyone used these to store their luggage and were they HUGE?

I don't want to get off the ship at 9am or so and have 3 hours in Seattle with our luggage. It would be a waste to sit at the airport when we could be seeing stuff. Ideas???

We did the Seattle City tour with NCL. We had a 3pm flight, and we felt like we were cutting it short. Almost everyone else had a 5pm or later flight.

On our tour, we mostly just drove by places, didn't even stop at the Space Needle. The driver did manage to squeeze in a stop at his favorite coffee house though :D. I think there were a couple of different tours, I did read on these boards that one of them does make more stops.

On my cruise (Pearl), there were three different Seattle tours offered - I wish I had saved the flyer and could give you more specific information, but if I remember correctly, in addition to the city tour, there was a "homes of the rich & famous" tour and an "overview with Space Needle" tour, which is the one I chose.

The tour involved a bus ride around the city with sites pointed out, but no stops other than the final stop at the Space Needle. We were given about 45 minutes there, which was just barely enough time to stand in line, ride the elevator up, take a quick lap around the observation deck, snap a few pictures, stand in line again, and ride the elevator back down. Since I thought I was already late getting back to the bus, I skipped the gift shop entirely, but ended up being one of the first back to the bus! Several of my tour-mates apparently couldn't resist the lure of the gift shop and returned to the bus about 15 minutes later with shopping bags in hand, so total time at the Space Needle ended up being about an hour.

If I remember correctly, we arrived at the airport at around 12:30. We were dropped off at a special area set up for cruise passengers with check-in counters under a tent next to the terminal. Since our bus was the only one there at the time and there were only 4 other people on the bus on the same airline, check-in was extremely quick and easy!

Archived