accra/rockley

floridalady

I had finally decided on this beach but now I went to see pictures and whoa--I saw huge waves there and surfers.Help....I thought the water was calm here?

Where else can i go that is calm waters (small waves are good),bar,chairs??????:confused:

Thanks!:D

I had finally decided on this beach but now I went to see pictures and whoa--I saw huge waves there and surfers.Help....I thought the water was calm here?

Where else can i go that is calm waters (small waves are good),bar,chairs??????:confused:

Thanks!:D

Boatyard.

We went to Accra in December and thought it was a great beach. I want to tell people not to go (out of selfishness of course):D . I want that place all to myself the next time I visit Barbados!! The waves were not huge when we were there, they really weren't even that big. They're fun. To the left of the beach there was some boogie boarders.

I tired uploading a few pics I had taken but they just don't seem to be posting. will try again from work tomorrow.

ok I feel better and if you could post pics i would be grateful....

I know beaches are public but I understand there is a hotel there.Can you rent chairs there or anywhere on beach?Is there anywhere to get drinks or snacks besides the hotel??

Thanks so much.

We went to Accra in December and thought it was a great beach. I want to tell people not to go (out of selfishness of course):D . I want that place all to myself the next time I visit Barbados!! The waves were not huge when we were there, they really weren't even that big. They're fun. To the left of the beach there was some boogie boarders.

I tired uploading a few pics I had taken but they just don't seem to be posting. will try again from work tomorrow.

Florida Lady. Accra is a great beach. Sometimes there is a wave but if you go to the extreme east end of the beach you will be able to swim. There are chairs and umbrellas available to rent, There is accra beach hotel that you can walk into off the beach to bye foo foo drinks at the pool bar (pool is for guest only). You can also get beer, sprite coke etc from small stalls at the beach. Across the road from the car park is cheffette fast food and restaurant. There you can get chicken and fries, pizza, burgers, roti's (not as good as a trini roti :) but still good) and salads. Located at accra beach is also a taxi stand where you can get a taxi back to the port or where ever you want to go. I lived in Barbados for several years and never had a bad day at accra. Hope this may ease your fears

Thank you so much.When i ask a question I appreciate it so much when i get replies so thanks to all who took the time to reply.

I feel better.I want a roti!!!!lol

You know the accra beach hotel -I wrote asking if I could use their bar to get drinks and they wrote me about purchasing day passes.

Florida Lady. Accra is a great beach. Sometimes there is a wave but if you go to the extreme east end of the beach you will be able to swim. There are chairs and umbrellas available to rent, There is accra beach hotel that you can walk into off the beach to bye foo foo drinks at the pool bar (pool is for guest only). You can also get beer, sprite coke etc from small stalls at the beach. Across the road from the car park is cheffette fast food and restaurant. There you can get chicken and fries, pizza, burgers, roti's (not as good as a trini roti :) but still good) and salads. Located at accra beach is also a taxi stand where you can get a taxi back to the port or where ever you want to go. I lived in Barbados for several years and never had a bad day at accra. Hope this may ease your fears

Thank you so much.When i ask a question I appreciate it so much when i get replies so thanks to all who took the time to reply.

I feel better.I want a roti!!!!lol

You know the accra beach hotel -I wrote asking if I could use their bar to get drinks and they wrote me about purchasing day passes.

There is a Hotel employee at the beach entrance to Accra beach hotel. You just tell him you are going to the bar to buy a drink. You can sit at the bar and enjoy the drink or tell the barman you want it in a plastic cup because you are going on to the beach. If you wish you can also eat at the pool bar, just ask for a menu. you can do all this without paying for a daypass. If you plan to spend most the time on the beach IMO no need to pay a hotel for a day pass. If you want to lounge around the pool and swim in the pool you could then go the daypass route.

Thanks so much-but besides the hotel there are other places for drinks and chairs for beach?

There is a Hotel employee at the beach entrance to Accra beach hotel. You just tell him you are going to the bar to buy a drink. You can sit at the bar and enjoy the drink or tell the barman you want it in a plastic cup because you are going on to the beach. If you wish you can also eat at the pool bar, just ask for a menu. you can do all this without paying for a daypass. If you plan to spend most the time on the beach IMO no need to pay a hotel for a day pass. If you want to lounge around the pool and swim in the pool you could then go the daypass route.

Thanks so much-but besides the hotel there are other places for drinks and chairs for beach?

Yep, Chair and umbrella may run you $5 to $7 U.S for the day and small huts selling cold drinks, bottle water etc.

great now one last and important question-bathrooms-is there a place to go that is nearby and half way decent??????:confused:

:D

Yep, Chair and umbrella may run you $5 to $7 U.S for the day and small huts selling cold drinks, bottle water etc.

great now one last and important question-bathrooms-is there a place to go that is nearby and half way decent??????:confused:

Yep. Half way decent :o and you could get decent across the road at cheffette when you go for your roti:) Once it's not raining you will enjoy Accra.

What is a roti? Thanks
Kinda like a wrap, but Indian.

The filling is usually various curries...chicken, beef, veggie

some with potato -some without (ask for the boneless variety, if you go Chicken)

ok I feel better and if you could post pics i would be grateful....

I know beaches are public but I understand there is a hotel there.Can you rent chairs there or anywhere on beach?Is there anywhere to get drinks or snacks besides the hotel??

Thanks so much.

I did not forget about you! I will try and get some pics uploaded tomorrow or Tuesday. To be honest with you, a neighbour of mine recommended Accra and I had this huge beautiful beach in mind. It's not big ...but its so beautiful. The water...the sand....stunning!

- a neighbour of mine recommended Accra and I had this huge beautiful beach in mind.

It's not big ...but its so beautiful. The water...the sand....stunning!

Let's see now...

Accra-71.jpg

IMG_2675.JPG

Accra-673.jpg

problem solved.

I decided where to go for lunch-atlantis but they are closing down for some time-I wrote the owner.

Let's see now...

Accra-71.jpg

IMG_2675.JPG

Accra-673.jpg

problem solved.

I decided where to go for lunch-atlantis but they are closing down for some time.

Since it looks like you might do Accra for the beach thing

there's a nice restaurant called CHAMPERS ..in that yellow bldg. you see there

sitting on the cliff at the Eastern end of Accra Beach.

here's a pic showing the yellow bldg more prominently...

That's Champers -all two levels of it.

You can't go there in your swimsuit

but if you cover up a bit with a wrap or something, they'll let you in.

Accra-679.jpg

Thank you so much-esp for posting the picture.What do they serve?

Since it looks like you might do Accra for the beach thing

there's a nice restaurant called CHAMPERS ..in that yellow bldg. you see there

sitting on the cliff at the Eastern end of Accra Beach.

here's a pic showing the yellow bldg more prominently...

That's Champers -all two levels of it.

You can't go there in your swimsuit

but if you cover up a bit with a wrap or something, they'll let you in.

Accra-679.jpg

• 1 month later...
Directly next to that yellow building is a little restaurant

(I don't remember the name). ===> Sugar Reef? down on the beach level?

they have restrooms and provide chairs and umbrellas

free of charge for their customers. ===> Not any more,sorry.

I was there just yesterday and the news is that Sugar Reef is now closed.

Beach restaurant businesses at that location

-and there have been several-

never seem to last long. They come and they go.

No doubt the rent is what kills them in six months or so

And still they try!

The beach is still just as nice though...

That hasn't changed! :)

This shot was taken(yesterday) from just outside the restaurant, looking West..

the pink sand tends to show up better in photographs,for some reason!

I find it doesn't look that pink when you're there.

I think the eye/brain must adjust for it,somehow.

Accra-42.jpg

Archived