Sony Wii

Are the TVs in the cabins Wii compatible? We never thought of it before so didn't look closely at the TV. Specifically the Jewel and Adventure. I don't know if it makes a difference with an older ship without the flat screen TVs. Please, I'm looking for someone who has had experience with this. I'm not looking to get into a debate about the folly of playing video games on the ship. I don't mean to be rude, but I've seen so many posts with benign questions that get turned into some moral issue, that I almost didn't want to post. If we choose to play Mario Kart after dinner instead of seeing City of Dreams or Tango Buenos Aires yet again, that is our choice on our vacation. :)

Thanks

Gerri

The Nintendo Wii or the Sony PlayStation 3? When I was on Grandeur even their old tvs had yellow and white composite jacks which would be good enough to plug in a game system. I would assume the newer boats would have composite jacks on their tvs especially if it's an LCD.

sorry, it is a nintendo wii. i can never keep straight all these video game consoles and which brand is which. we have quite the collection (husband is 30 going on 15) but the wii is the only one i can figure out. the remote is really easy to use instead of those complicated controllers.

i emailed royal caribbean to ask them. i asked if you can plug in a camcorder. same thing. if i get a response i'll post it in case someone in the future has the same question.

gerri

We were just on the Liberty where they have the new flat screen tv's. My son wanted to plug his portable DVD player into it. The plugs exist but the "input" switch is disabled - pressing it does nothing. This would be the same for the Wii and Playstation.

I suspect that even though the inputs are there or would be on newer TV's, there is no way to set the TV to use them. I further think its probably done, not so you can't plug in your games, DVD player, etc, but because people would unintentionally set the input where it shouldn't be, and then call because the TV doesn't work. I imagine they would get a ton of complaints like that. Gotta dumb everything down.

I suspect that even though the inputs are there or would be on newer TV's, there is no way to set the TV to use them. I further think its probably done, not so you can't plug in your games, DVD player, etc, but because people would unintentionally set the input where it shouldn't be, and then call because the TV doesn't work. I imagine they would get a ton of complaints like that. Gotta dumb everything down.

I must point out that my post that is quoted is only speculation on my

part. I really don't know for sure.:o

I've been wondering this, too. We have been on a bunch of Disney cruises and I have taken the Gamecube system. We were planning on bring the Wii, but everything I've read says the input has been disabled. It really burns me up.

My kids (and my husband) enjoy playing some games after dinner, too! And, the Wii is the perfect size to be able to bring on board. I would be very interested in hearing your response from RCCL about hooking up a camcorder.

We'll be sailing the Radiance in a few days. Not sure I'm going to lug any game systems this time because it seems they won't work.

We had an owners suite on FOS last year and the imputs were enabled. so we hooked op the digi camera to it and the game system. But in my mums room she had a balcony stateroom and we tried to hook up the camera and it did not work.

We asked the concierge, and he said as far as he knows only in suites the imputs could be used.

So if you book a suite, you might be able to use them. Unless things have changed. However, if you get a coax/rca adapter you can hook up any device by using this device, it brodcasts through channel 3 or 4. We allways bring that adapter just incase the av inputs are in fact disabled. They cost about 20$ and bought at comp usa or best buy or source store,s. heck wall mart even sells them.

That way we still can use the tv for games and pics. But some hotel tv,s have a locking sleve on the coax so you can,t remove it. So in that case your screwed unless you have a unlocking tool. I used to work for the local cable company so I have one of those. So every where we go, I bring all the nessary tools and attachments to hook up anything to the tv,s. It sounds a bit silly to go through all that to make it happen, bit I do it every trip to keep the kids happy and to view pics and video from the camera.

Cheers from Beers

Even if you can't play in your cabin you may still be able to get your Wii "fix" onboard. On Jewel OTS in April, they held a Wii Tennis Tournament in the Schooner Bar. DS got thru' to the Semi finals in the adult competition!:)

Archived