smart casual for guys

sueajp

Hi My guy is OK with suit for formal nights.. but does he need a jacket for smart casual nights??/ Isn't a collared shirt with Dockers OK??

Thanks.. cruise is coming up shortly and we have already had a "discussion" about this. He is not a dress up guy by nature. I LOVE it.

Thanks sue:D

Yes, very O.K. My DH does docker's type dress pants, colored T-shirt, with button-up, collared short sleeve shirt over. There will be a very good mix. I've seen Khaki's and Golf shirts and sometimes even jeans (not my particular choice) We have never done jackets for non-formal nights.

Thanks one and all.. I just need to drag him out for some new dockers now! I got him new shorts for Father's Day, so he didn't need to shop. Not his favorite! It was always that way on our other cruises but just checking! Ready to sail now!

Sue:o

Thanks one and all.. I just need to drag him out for some new dockers now! I got him new shorts for Father's Day, so he didn't need to shop. Not his favorite! It was always that way on our other cruises but just checking! Ready to sail now!

Sue:o

I can totally relate! My DH goes shopping twice a year. Once in the Spring and once in the Fall. :eek: I shop for him the rest of the year. I usually bring home a bunch of stuff and he tries things on at his leisure. What he doesn't like I return.:) I'm usually right on the money stylewise and sizewise.:D We've been together 36 years, so I should know what he likes!!!;)

The DH wears casual slacks and nice golf-type shirts sometimes, but mostly he likes and wears the kind of shirts that Charlie Sheen wears on the TV show, "Two And A Half Men". And no, he does not wear socks with his loafers!:eek:

My DH would rather have a tooth pulled than go shopping. We have been married almost 35 years so I know what he likes. I have been very unhappy with the quality of Dockers. They just don't seem to last as long as they used to before they start fraying. I just ordered my DH pants from llbean and they fit him perfectly. They are permanent press. They also carry off sizes so I could get a 35 waist and any length I wanted. For our upcoming cruise to celebrate our 35th anniversary, my husband will be wearing collared shirts and his llbean pants for smart casual nights. It's always strikes me as humorous that people get so bent out of shape that people don't follow dress codes to the letter. We have cruised on 3 lines and people dress the way they want to dress. The only time we have ever had a captain make an issue of it was on the Carnival Glory. The captain made an announcement that shorts would not be allowed in the dining room for dinner, and he meant it. They had clothing inspections for the dreaded shorts wearers who were promptly sent back to their rooms to change. Outside of that, the only time an issue has been made of something a new cruiser wanted to wear is on this blog.

I'll wear either a polo shirt (with collar) or an Aloha shirt with wrinkle-free khakis or tropical wool pants. And Ill try to plan the wardrobe so I only have to bring one pair of dress shoes (black) that I will wear with my rented tux. For a 10-night cruise (with 2 formal nights), I'll bring 2 pair of khakis and one pair of tropical wool. Also 2 polo shirts and 2 Aloha shirts. Shorts, t-shirts and sandals for times aboard ship, and shorts, t-shirts and walking shoes for port days. I'll make sure I wear polos and khakis early in the cruise so I can throw them in the washing machine (our next cruise is on Princess) or send them in the one-price bundle that ships seem to have midway through the cruise, if necessary.

And I'll have the back-up of my travel clothes, if required.

Hi everyone,

I haven't checked in for awhile...THere must be something about the 35 year married and on... We are going on 37 years and husband HATES to shop! We went through all his clothes finally and found enough acceptable for him! I tried to sneak in a new polo but he found it out! I guess its all set now.. leaving Sunday

Sue:cool:

Archived