Need recommendations for St. Lucia & Antigua - AOS

Hi, my soon-to-be husband and I are sailing on the AOS in a few weeks for our honeymoon and are looking for some ideas for excursions in St. Lucia and Antigua. We are not into "touring" per se, we are looking for more beach-oriented and relaxing type excursions, preferably through RCI. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! We are planning on doing the whole snorkeling/catamaran thing in Barbados and St. Thomas/St. John.....

Thanks in advance!

We did an ecco tour cruise in Antigua it was wonderful. We stopped at a beach and had lunch. We climbed a grotto and did a boat tour. don't know if you can still do it. This was a few years ago.

In St. Lucia go to the beach between the pitons, which is part of a resort. But that is the most beautiful beach I have ever seen. The two pitons on both sides and the cristal clear water in front of you. The snorkeling is also very good, if you like to snorkel

antigua - go to dickenson bay beach for a beautiful beach and watersports. you can rent a jetski and parasail. we loved it! we just took a taxi there and back. easy peasy.

st. lucia - we got a driver who showed us the pitons, diamond falls, and the stinky volcano. the original plan was to go to the stinky volcano and snorkel/beach it at anse chastenet with a view of the pitons. i wish we'd gotten to go to anse chastenet! my dh had a bad sunburn though, and he just couldn't take the beach.

Hi Kas141, You will be on our cruise. Seems like I remember you on the roll call, if not come on over and join the Roll Call and the Meet & Mingle. We only need one more to register to have our party on the ship.

Anyone out there who hasn't joined the Roll Call and Meet & Mingle for AOS July 20 come on and join in the fun.:D

I totally agree with Dickenson for Antigua, great beach, lots to do, water is gorgeous. Make sure you tell the driver to take you to Tony's, otherwise they drop you at Coconuts. The beach is much much wider down by Tony's.

St Lucia - Reduit Beach is beautiful. Again, lots of water sports. We parasailed there the last time and was some of the best we had ever done. So gorgeous up in the air.

Have fun! That Southern Itinerary is by far our favorite. Congrats on your wedding!

Thanks all for the recommendations - we are very interested in Anse Chastanet for St. Lucia. Does anyone know how much they charge for a day pass? How far away is it from the pier?

Also, would you guys recommend Dickenson Bay Beach over Runaway Beach? We are prob. going to do one of them, but are looking for the "nicer" one (i.e. not thousands of people) with some amenities like a bar, cheap eats, etc. How far away is Dickenson from the pier? I know Runaway is really close.

definitely go see the pitons on St. Lucia. We did a catamaran cruise with snorkeling right near them. It's not to be missed!

We did this tour it was awesome. The homes along the way were just beautiful. St. Lucia is my favorite island and doing the cataraman tour I felt like I was in paradise. Enjoy your cruise and congratulations on your marriage.

Carol

We did an ecco tour cruise in Antigua it was wonderful. We stopped at a beach and had lunch. We climbed a grotto and did a boat tour. don't know if you can still do it. This was a few years ago.

Liz, sounds like you were on Eli's EcoTour, our personal all time favorite excursion (we've done it 4 times). The EcoTour is still going strong, the website is www.adventureantigua.com

Archived