Which hotel in Miami?

We are planning to drive to Miami and stay overnight the day before the ship leaves (August 2) Where is the best place to stay? Are there any Hampton Inns near the pier? Do any of the hotels allow you to park your car at the hotel and shuttle you to the pier? any information or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

The Hampton Inn - Miami Airport Blue Lagoon has a "Park Stay & Go" plan. The rate was about $170 for the night and includes free parking for up to 10 days with additional days at $5/day. There is a shuttle from the hotel to the pier - $10 per person. We'll be staying there in November when we do our B2B on Liberty OTS. I think that the parking fee at the Miami pier is $15/day now, so when I factored that in it made sense to stay at Hampton Inn. Hope this is helpful.

If you cannot get reservations at the Hyatt Regency or the Inter-Continental, go to the Marriott Key Biscayne. The Marriot Key Biscayne is a tall building and you can request a bay room so when you wake up you can see your ship.

Also, I booked up for July in January and the rate was $189, yesterday I found out the rate went down to $139, and I believe parking is free too. What a savings, I would never pay $170. for the Hampton regardless I could leave the car (the car could be stolen, at least parking in the pier there is security and I believe they lock the gates up at night. But $170 is way too much for a Hampton Inn, my opinion.

Avoid the Holiday Inn that is nearest the Port, across the street from Bayside Marketplace and the American Airlines arena. It is mobbed, poor service, difficult to load and unload because there is no motor lobby to pull off the street from the wide sidewalk (so folks on the street started climbing in our cab before we were even out or had our luggage, which we then had to schlep inside the hotel across a busy sidewalk ourselves). There was not an organized taxi line or anyone to hail a cab for you, and because the sidewalk was packed the next morning with groups assembling for shuttles and buses, we could not get to the curb to be seen by taxis without schlepping our luggage for a family down a full block. Bayside does not open for breakfast until about 10 am, so if you are an early riser you are SOL except for the sub-par Holiday Inn restaurant for breakfast in the neighborhood.

That's strange. We had a very nice stay there. No problem getting a cab. Came out the door and there were several taxi there waiting for passenagers. We had very good service from the hotel staff . Would stay there again.

Judi :)

Another vote here for Marriott Key Biscayne.

We spent 3 nights here pre-cruise and it was great. We got a great price using their best rate guarantee, and although we hadn't booked a bay view, once we checked in and asked about one we were upgraded free.

The rooms were clean, and I have to say we were surprisingly very impressed with the main restaurant for dinner.

Location was fine, and we just got cabs to Bayside and South Beach.

The best bit for us though was waking up at 5am the morning of our cruise and watching Freedom (our ship) pull into port. It was an amazing (and dare I say emotional) sight. After 18 months of planning our very first cruise, this was the first view and it was fabulous!!!!!!!!

That's strange. We had a very nice stay there. No problem getting a cab. Came out the door and there were several taxi there waiting for passenagers. We had very good service from the hotel staff . Would stay there again.

Judi :)

same here. we loved it there. we especially enjoyed the bayside marketplace just across the street. we weren't too interested in breakfast because we just wanted to leave and get to the port the next morning! :D When we went outside there were a whole line of taxis and we got one with no problem. We will def stay there again.

Archived