Lido Deck Forward Cabins

BalconyBumz

Curious if anyone has ever stayed on the Lido deck category BA on either the Diamond or Sapphire. Seems like an interesting place to be. Advantages? Dissadvantages and any thoughts? I know it's high up and forward, which isn't good for motion, but is it a good or bad deck/area to be on?

Curious if anyone has ever stayed on the Lido deck category BA on either the Diamond or Sapphire. Seems like an interesting place to be. Advantages? Dissadvantages and any thoughts? I know it's high up and forward, which isn't good for motion, but is it a good or bad deck/area to be on?

We have booked L251 on sapphire princess for Los angeles- Vancouver May 9-16 May 2009.

I booked it because it was close to pool etc.

i didn't even consider motion being aproblem being so high up

We always book the same deck as the pool. It's a great location. On the larger ships, they are closer to the pools and the Horizon Court. Even on the smaller ships the buffet is just up one flight. No long halls to deal with if you are at the pool and need to go back to your room for forgotten incidentals and/or a bathroom break. We have never really encountered much motion, but we've been lucky with the weather.

Thank you for all your replies. Was it also quiet up there since there was no through traffic? Also on the Diamond and Sapphire, the hair salon and spa is right above. Did you hear any noise from that? Thank you for all your answers.

We were in cabin L212 on the Sapphire Princess on an Alaskan cruise and did not have any motion problems. It was very convenient to the Horizon Court, Pizza, and ice cream stand.

Was the ship nice? Staying on the lido deck wouldn't be too far of a walk to go fill coffee mugs in the morning either. :D

• 1 year later...

The lido deck is great,You are close to all the pools,and close to horizon court,pizza,hamburgers,ice cream,and yes easy to get refills,or grab food and take it back to your room,have a grea time;)

Bad news, quite a bit more motion (which you already know)!Good news, I'm sure you have viewed the Deck Plan to conclude that it offers convient access to the pools and buffet!:rolleyes:

I know you're asking about the Lido Deck, but we stayed in the very first cabin forward on the Baha deck. We did not experience any more motion than in any other cabin we have had. We did have very calm seas. I was also concerned about wind on the balcony being so far fore, but we had nothing out of the ordinary. I would have no problem booking a cabin in the front.

As for Lido deck, I tried to get one for the same reasons others have mentioned. Great location to buffet, pools, gym, bars, etc. I am going to try and book my next cruise early enough to get a Lido deck cabin.

Archived