Romance on CCL

I would have posted on the "Shipboard Love Stories" board, but they are checked and updated so infrequently, and I've gotten such great responses to other threads here, that I thought I'd start here.

We cruise in 6 weeks. I'm asking my girlfriend to marry me in 4. What can carnival do other than the obligatory overpriced roses? Anyone else get anything special?

Any help is appreciated!!

I would have posted on the "Shipboard Love Stories" board, but they are checked and updated so infrequently, and I've gotten such great responses to other threads here, that I thought I'd start here.

We cruise in 6 weeks. I'm asking my girlfriend to marry me in 4. What can carnival do other than the obligatory overpriced roses? Anyone else get anything special?

Any help is appreciated!!

What do you want them to do, buy the ring?

So your not actually asking her to marry you on the cruise?

I don't understand wht you want?

If they could buy the ring, that would be great. Other than that, I wanted something a little more special than just roses. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas, either through Carnival or things they did on their own. And no, I'm not asking her to marry me on the cruise, that is a little cheesy for me. Thanks for the congratulations though!

Why not wait and propose on the cruise?

ONe night during dinner our maitr'd interrupted dinner and let a guy come up to propose to his g/f. It was very sweet.

I'm sure if you wanted to plan something special on board the formalities shop could help you out but if you are doing it before you go I'm not really sure what you are wanting from Carnival?

Why not wait and propose on the cruise?

ONe night during dinner our maitr'd interrupted dinner and let a guy come up to propose to his g/f. It was very sweet.

She wants something private and not on a cruise. I was just hoping to get any helpful suggestions...

She wants something private and not on a cruise. I was just hoping to get any helpful suggestions...

Congratulations!

I'm not really sure what you're looking for either?? Since you're not doing it on the ship and it's not really an anniversary or anything, I'm not sure what they could/would do.

On your own - if you wanted to make the trip special and memorable - you could go to the Bon Voyage website and order decorations for the room - or a basket with fruit, wine, cheese, etc. Or you could order a cake to be delivered one night at dinner. The cakes range from like $9 up. You could also ask the band to play a special song for you one night in the dance club.

You're probably going to have to take care of this one on your own. They celebrate birthdays and anniversaries during dinner - but nothing really for a "Congratulations on getting engaged 2 weeks ago". Sorry.

Again - congratulations and best of luck!

Ashley :-)

I got ya.

Well you could still do it onboard in privacy.

Maybe order champagne and chocolate covered strwberries to your room through formalities. Check into the different decoration options they might have for the room or something, plus the roses. Then meet her in the room or take her out on to the balcony under the stars/moon, with champagne in hand and pop the question. That would be private, yet romantic and memorable.

Just a suggestion.

Other than that I do know that the formalities shop decorates the rooms. I've seen the birthday, the honeymoon, and the anniversary decorations and they were all fantastic. We also ordered small decorated cakes to match each of those decor packages and they were very yummy. Same with the choc. covered strawberries.

Hope you come up with something great.

I think you should have the room decorated, order the chocolate covered strawberries (they are the best) and champange (sp) to be in your cabin when you first arrive on board.

I second this!! Or the massages

Go snorkeling at one of the beaches you go to. While the both of you are in a shallow part, look down in the sand, make sure shes looking too. Find the ring in the sand. Then present her the ring and pop the question. What do you think? Good, bad..........

Congrats!

I didn't take it that you wanted Carnival to provide anything. Right? You just meant you knew you could buy roses. I know I have seen posts before on making things romantic or special. Let me see if the search is working and if so I will post previous suggestions.

Go snorkeling at one of the beaches you go to. While the both of you are in a shallow part, look down in the sand, make sure shes looking too. Find the ring in the sand. Then present her the ring and pop the question. What do you think? Good, bad..........

Hope there isn't a strong current!

You should propose while wearing Funship Freddie's costume.

She might not say yes, but it would make a great YouTube video! :)

Have you bought the ring yet????? Why not have the purser arrange for a private shopping time in the gift shop, then some special engagement pictures at some of the more elegant backdrops......or if you have bought the ring, present it to her with roses and such in the specialty restaurant (if the Legend has one)..or if not....You might even be able to have a private dining room for an extra specially prepared meal, along with flowers and roses and electric candles

Congratulations! :)

I really like the idea of a couple's massage and then off to the supper club. They have a trio and/or singer with a small dance floor (at least they did on the Liberty and Conquest) and you can have a quiet dance or two to celebrate.

I got the impression that he already has plans set to propose in a month and has no interest in an onboard proposal.

But I don't get what it is you are wanting OP? Ideas on making the crusie more romantic. Making the cruise sort of a celebration of being engaged?

I may be off base, but I didn't get the impression the OP was asking for freebies, only for suggestions that he can arrange thru Carnival.

As for my input... You might look on the Carnival site at the Bon Voyage dept. They offer room decorations, fruit baskets, chocolate covered strawberries, candies, beverage(wine, beer) baskets, etc.

Congrats & Best Wishes. :)

I may be off base, but I didn't get the impression the OP was asking for freebies, only for suggestions that he can arrange thru Carnival.

As for my input... You might look on the Carnival site at the Bon Voyage dept. They offer room decorations, fruit baskets, chocolate covered strawberries, candies, beverage(wine, beer) baskets, etc.

Congrats & Best Wishes. :)

I think you are hearing what he is saying.... And I forgot to congratulate him. And second whoever's idea the couple's massage was.

Archived