extraordinary kindnesses and blessings?

It's a grey cold day here in Calgary. I'm trying to keep up my courage about my upcoming solo cruise to Galapagos. Getting scared. Trying to remember all the help I've always experienced on cruises. I need some rays of sunshine. Join me? :D

Last cruise, in Rome for the first time and alone, I booked a night tour and dinner. Not through the cruise line, but on the recommendation of the line's rep. at the hotel. It was a highlight I'll long remember. Of the twenty on the bus, seven of us went to dinner at a lovely restaurant. Four were a family from New York, and 2 were a couple from Iraq. Gulp! Not a mix that I would have purposely planned. The young Iraqi couple quietly bowed their heads and held hands to pray. And suddenly there were no political barriers. The New York family knew all the words to the rousing Italian songs. We truly communed as we broke bread and sang together. Three hours later, we were hugging good bye. I felt that I had been part of a miracle that evening.

http://www.iiw.org/tvprogram/scripts/program-952-script-1.html

ALso...my motivation:

The River: Garth Brooks

You know a dream is like a river

Ever changin' as it flows

And a dreamer's just a vessel

That must follow where it goes

Trying to learn from what's behind you

And never knowing what's in store

Makes each day a constant battle

Just to stay between the shores...and

I will sail my vessel

'Til the river runs dry

Like a bird upon the wind

These waters are my sky

I'll never reach my destination

If I never try

So I will sail my vessel

'Til the river runs dry

Too many times we stand aside

And let the waters slip away

'Til what we put off 'til tomorrow

Has now become today

So don't you sit upon the shoreline

And say you're satisfied

Choose to chance the rapids

And dare to dance the tide...yes

I will sail my vessel

'Til the river runs dry

These waters are my sky

If I never try

So I will sail my vessel

'Til the river runs dry

There's bound to be rough waters

And I know I'll take some falls

But with the good Lord as my captain

I can make it through them all...yes

I will sail my vessel

'Til the river runs dry

These waters are my sky

If I never try

So I will sail my vessel

'Til the river runs dry

When we sail, I take along pocket blessings... to give to new friends, former strangers, and people we meet along the way... It is simply a small canvas tied with a ribbon that simply says --

Every Journey Brings Blessings...

and included is a note that says...

Opportunities for recognizing blessings present themselves every day. This blessing is meant to be a reminder of the spiritual in our lives, as some of our journeys happen right at home! When you carry Pocket Blessings with you or whether you pass it along to a friend or a stranger you meet along the way ~ you help make the world a better place.

We wish you a safe and joyful journey

I know what you mean about those cold gray days in Canada, Hello, I'm Carol from Sakatoon. I am from North Carolina but have been up here for 6 years now and I just hate the dreary weather, already it seems dark so early and they are calling for snow this weekend.

Luckily, we are sailing this Sunday from Fort Lauderdale and will be doing a 14 night Panama Canal Transit returning home on the 31st. As I am typing this the heat just came on!

I just wanted to say hello to someone close to my location and we will be in Calgary for a wedding the first weekend of November. We met these lovely people on a caribbean cruise in 1999 and have been very close friends since. Their daughter is getting married and we couldn't be happier. We have taken 3 cruises together and have visited each other many times.

So don't let the weather get you down, that is very hard for me to say, because it does get me down!

I'll check back when we get home to see how your doing!

Regards:

Carol

Wow! What a cheerful greeting. Can't imagine why you're in Saskatchewan, but lots of my favorite people seem to have come from there, so I guess more great people are moving in.

I did the Panama in '99. It was so great! Take lots of sunscreen. And batteries. I used mine up. I'm guessing that you are leaving from Florida. I left from New Orleans. What a trip!

The great thing about Calgary is that the grey sky doesn't last very long. Yes, snow! I'm planning on doing a lot of reading this weekend.

The odds are good that the wedding will be sunny. Windy, but sunny. We have these chinooks. I'll hope for one for you.

I'll be in Galapagos. I leave Oct. 29.

Thanks for saying hello. Maybe we'll see each other's posts after I get back.

Bon voyage.

:D

Archived