Canadian citizen question

I will be cruising on July 27th on the Mariner of the Seas Western itenary. One of my family members is a Canadian citizen who will be cruising with us. Will she need any special papers or visas for the islands that we are visiting or to enter the US besides her passport? Thanks in advance for any help.

The person should check the Canadian gov't websites, not chance getting wrong info here.

I will be cruising on July 27th on the Mariner of the Seas Western itenary. One of my family members is a Canadian citizen who will be cruising with us. Will she need any special papers or visas for the islands that we are visiting or to enter the US besides her passport? Thanks in advance for any help.

If I am not mistaken, the passport is all they will need.

We had a Canadian couple as table-mates at dinner on our last Mariner cruise and they were a very nice couple. I think they were from Ontario.

Anyway, have a great cruise.

If she has a computer-readable passport which can be swiped, she doesn't need anything else. If her passport is older, a driver's licence or some other government issue photo ID is also needed I believe.

Most of the islands don't require visas - but you can either check online to see what the requirements are, or get your travel agent to check it for you. Most immigration information is available online now - so you can check it out.

If you do the online checkin for the cruise, you will have to submit passport numbers. The cruise line submits that information to each of the ports. Only once were we issued a temporary visa for a port - and essentially all the port authority did was hand each of us a document valid for 24 hours as we entered.

And don't forget to photocopy your passport, ID and credit cards, and have it elsewhere with you - in case something happens to the original.

And have fun!!!!!

Fran in Toronto

Archived