Help!!!! Upgrade Advice Asap!!!! Revisited

LAXCRUISER

"SA" Suites are mid-ship and near Neptune Lounge.

"SC" Suites are a bit of a hike to Neptune. Also, some have a preference for mid-ship location and side facing view vs aft location and view of wake....possible disturbance from vibration, thrusters and anchor chain. Some thing the very large veranda is fabulous and their preference.

DH and I had an aft cabin (on another cruise line once) and didn't care for it.

It's just about choices! :)

"SA" cabins are higher priced than "SB" which are higher priced than "SC".

I see everybody is making a fuss whether the offer is for an SC or an SA. Aren't they the same, including amenities, etc? quote]

Yes they are, however, an SA costs more than an SC because it is all about location, location, location. :)

So, and SA is worth more than an SC, but some prefer the aft suites.

The SC corner aft suites on the Noordam are considerably smaller than the SA suites opposite the Neptune. They are fine for 2 people, but 3 would be tight when the couch is open at night. However, the verandahs in the aft suites are wonderful. You can have sun or shade depending on where you place your chair. The walk to the Neptune or the spa is very long, but the dining room and the lido is very close. So it is a tossup as to what you really prefer. For 10 days we did the aft SC on deck 6, but if I had the choice again, I think I would go with the midship SA.

The SC corner aft suites on the Noordam are considerably smaller than the SA suites opposite the Neptune.

Thanks for the info. I did not know the SB/SC were smaller. We have only been in the S Cat so not aware of the difference. We booked an SA on the Amsterdam because of the location.

Archived