All Right - How Much Weight Gain on 7-Day Cruise?

All Right - How Much Weight Gain on 7 Night Cruise?  

192 members have voted

1. 1. All Right - How Much Weight Gain on 7 Night Cruise?

• Greater than 10
    • 9-10
    • 7-8
    • 5-6
    • 3-4
    • 1-2
    • No Gain/ (Loss)
    • Lost 1-2
    • Lost 3-4
    • Lost 5-6

I do WW since last January. I had lost a little more than 20 before the cruise in April. Took the stairs, walked a lot, drank those fruity drinks, and ate what I wanted. Only gained 2.8 pounds. This was a victory for me. I am now at a total of 30 pounds loss. Slow and steady, that's the way to go for me.:)

Will I deny myself on the next cruise? Of course not! Didn't have many problems with the dreaded swelling. I drink lots of water all of the time so I made sure that I was drinking lots of water while on the cruise, especially with the heat. I also live in a semitropical climate so humidity probably isn't a factor in causing any swelling as that is my norm.

Jen I too am on WW and have lost over 20 lbs...I am going to do exactly what you stated in your post...I bought a good walking shoe as my others are worn out and I will make myself walk in the morning...I will try to take the stairs, knee permitting. I plan on keeping off what I have lost, it is so hard to lose, and be a good girl and stay clear of all the desserts...well maybe...he he he. :D

The sugar free desserts are as tasty as the sugared ones. Why do people think no sugar means no taste? :rolleyes: .

Because all of my experience with no sugar desserts have been a negative experience. Set me straight abridalmaven are they comprable to a dessert that has real sugar? If so I will try them on my next cruise. I have been doing WW and have tried all kinds of things...the only word would be nasty. :rolleyes:

I have been sugar free for over 18 months and so my taste perceptions have also changed once I quit cold turkey... sugar addiction is real and the first week or so you do actually go thru withdrawal . Things with real sugar actually now make me sick ( I get headaches, heartburn and sluggishness when I eat them) and taste disgustingly sweet now. But I make a sugar free cheesecake ( made with splenda) that you would never know if I did not tell you. However, yes, there are some sugar free candies and a few cakes that are yucky, but most of the things have come a very long way. The things with soy in them are not only bad for you ( destroys thyroid function over time) but also have a nasty aftertaste... so maybe that is what you had. It also depends on what it is sweetened with and who makes it. The Sugar free mousse on the ship was so great as were all the things that one of out friends (who is not 100 pounds soaking wet) began to eat it on the ship. Russell Stover and Hershey make some candies now that are to die for, but it you overeat them ( due to the sugar alcohols) can give you the runs... but hey that will stop you from overdoing it:rolleyes:

Actually lost over 8 lbs on the last 11 day cruise. Ate breakfast every day in the Cabin or Windjammer. Lunch was either in port or at the Windjammer and Dinner in the main dining room where the food was lousy for the most part. I did manage to sustain myself on a good liquid diet though!

Stretch

As our daughter, the nurse, will tell you, the weight gain will show up days after the food is digested.

Seriously, however, as a female I retain fluid like a sponge and took a tip to heart from these boards a few cruises ago - tip was to eat fresh parsely. Started eating fresh parsely a few days before a flight or cruise - and have been known to beg fresh parsely from my husband's dinner plate or any other tablemate's plate during a cruise and found the more parsely I eat, the less fluid I retain.

Works for me. Hope it works for someone else as well.

P.S. A friend suggeted I drink parseley tea to help with water retention. Parsley tea on a cruise ship? Yeek. I'll eat the fresh parsley and drink the foo-foo drinks. Gives me my daily allowance of food groups without the added influence of nasty tasting medicinal drinks that are good for you.

P.S. A friend suggeted I drink parseley tea to help with water retention. Parsley tea on a cruise ship? Yeek. I'll eat the fresh parsley and drink the foo-foo drinks. Gives me my daily allowance of food groups without the added influence of nasty tasting medicinal drinks that are good for you.

There are parsley tablets in the health food stores. I have some.

Do the parsley tablets work? Frankly, at my age I take a vitamin that looks like a horse pill daily and then swallow another calcium pill about the same size that says ``drink with 8 ounces of water.'' By the time I take those, I'd rather eat fresh parsley.

Archived