gdansk excursion

What is a good day excursion in Gdnask? We would like to visit a concentration area if possible.

janines

It is something everyone should do. Our guide warned us we would have tears in our eyes and I am unashamed to say she was right!

We used Tours In Poland http://www.toursinpoland.com and were very pleased.

Check out our review and pics at http://www.elite.net/~thehalls/baltic.html

Have a GREAT cruise!

Merced Mike,

Your website is fantastic. Thanks.

We are on Celebrity and there is a shorex that goes to Stutthoff and then a City tour. It is $59 pp for 7 hrs. Do you mind telling me what you paid for your private tour. Sometimes , those are smaller and better than the cruise x. I am concerned about getting back to the ship ontime. There were previous reports about heavy traffic jams between Gdansk and the peir.

Your thoughts are appreciated,

janines

thank you so much. I decided to try the boards, hoping that someone may have posted something about Stutthof and even included the name of a tour company. There you were.

Your website is fantastic. We have been cruising since 1996 but have already taken 20, with 4 more to look forward to.

It appears that even going to Stutthof, you still had time to see Gdansk!

We are going to be on the Crown Princess, Sept 7, but first we are taking a Princess Pre-Cruise tour to Budapest, Prague, Vienna and Berlin. Should be a wonderful trip.

Many,Many thanks.

We used Stay Poland for our tour of Stutthof and Gdansk, about 8 hours. Outstanding. There were four of us plus the tour guide and driver. The cost was $395 for the day. I paid by credit card before we left.

Merced Mike,

Your website is fantastic. Thanks.

We are on Celebrity and there is a shorex that goes to Stutthoff and then a City tour. It is $59 pp for 7 hrs. Do you mind telling me what you paid for your private tour. Sometimes , those are smaller and better than the cruise x. I am concerned about getting back to the ship ontime. There were previous reports about heavy traffic jams between Gdansk and the peir.

Your thoughts are appreciated,

janines

Thanks for the kind words.

We had 7 people in a minivan with Tours In Poland and it was 450 Euros for the day. We thought it was very worthwhile. Our guide had a great uncle who died in the camp so that made it a bit special. This was a small camp (only killed 60,000 people!) and I think the gas chamber and crematorium were much easier with a small group. It is an experience you will not forget.

The traffic is terrible, but the bus drivers and tour guides are very familiar with it. We left the city center about 3:30 and played hopscotch with the Princess tour buses all the way back to the ship.

Merced Mike,

Your website and information has been very helpful. Since we are traveling as a couple and running out of time to arrange a group, we signed up with the shorex on Celebrity. I got more info from the person that contracts the tour, and it resembles yours. It would have been better with a smaller group, I' sure.

janines

Last week,there were 8 of us on a private tour with a Mercedes mini-van. $250 Euros.

Gydnia, Sopot and Gdansk. Simon was so patient, showed us where all the bathrooms were, took us to a wonderful local restaurant, took us on a local ferry-ride across a river! And..... managed to avoid the traffic coming back to the ship (if you google earth this part of Poland, you see there are alternative roads!) Email him at simonap at O2.pl (not sure if it's an o or a zero but try both)

It is amazing how fast you can pull together a group. I contacted Tours in Poland yesterday about the tour, and they said I could create a group. We have 11 doing the tour in Gdansk and Stutthof, and the cruise leaves in less than two weeks.

Archived