12 night southern carribean

no but i am doing it in Feb 09! Can't wait....i was on Explorer a ocuple years ago...great ship, and the fact that is it only 1 hour from home makes it, well, VERY attractive!

you can check this

www.cruiseliberty.com

for port info, and if you have any questions about the area, let me know!

[you can email at megtravels at yahoo dot com if you'd like---just put cruise critic or something like that in the subject!!]

I recommend getting to the port early; 10:30AM is about right. The place gets mobbed later and the system for getting in and out is not very efficient. Our cruise was in December 2007. Maybe it's better now or will be better by the time you cruise. Great ship, great cruise. Bon Voyage!

i have taken rccl out of nj several times but i too was on the 12 day last dec and it was a nightmare getting into and out of the terminal. i would call and see if they have gotten the issue resolved, otherwise leave extra early. i think it took us @ 1 1/2 hours to get to the cruise terminal from the entrance!!! otherwise it is a very fun trip since you see so many ports. the 12 day is nice because after the first week, you still have almost another full week of vaction left. also you get to know your fellow passengers well (if you so wish). there are lots of great activities/classes to do as well. you will love it.

thanks for that we dont go till march 2010 we will be flying from london and it seems so long away please lets know how/ you get on I wish we lived closer to the carribean

Sandian

How long is the flight from London?

We will be on a Feb 2010 12 nighter. For us to get to the port we have to drive 3.5 hours and then fly for almost 6 hours from San Francisco, CA to New Jersey. I was just curious who has further to travel. :D

hi thanks for all your hints and tips I think I am going to enjoy it we dont have details of the flight yet but believe it is about 9 to 10 hours. We are transfered from hotel to terminal so have no control of times hope its not so bad by the time we go

Sandian

We did the cruise in Feb 2008 and there were a lot of Europeans on the cruise, particularly from Great Britain.

We arrived at 11 am, which was perfect. However, if the ship had been delayed we would have arrived later. *****/schiffsposition.php?schiff=Explorer+of+the+Seas

Don't worry if the cruise line is providing the transfer. Just take a deep breath and relax. Be sure to bring a book or some other amusement.

no but i am doing it in Feb 09! Can't wait....i was on Explorer a ocuple years ago...great ship, and the fact that is it only 1 hour from home makes it, well, VERY attractive!

you can check this

www.cruiseliberty.com

for port info, and if you have any questions about the area, let me know!

[you can email at megtravels at yahoo dot com if you'd like---just put cruise critic or something like that in the subject!!]

Megr1125 - come join the role call for the Feb 22, 09 cruise (if that is the one you are taking) see my sig

Archived