With Priceline, can I choose my seat?

Grits53

I'm in the process of making a reservation through Priceline (on American Airlines), but I have not been given the opportunity to choose a seat. Will they give me this opportunity after I have entered my payment info? Is there another way to choose my seat after purchasing tickets through Priceline? Thanks!

When I booked with Priceline 2 years ago with United Airlines I had to call United directly to receive a seat assignment, Priceline informed me I had to call the airline directly to do this.

Thank you. Since the prices are about the same, I think I will just book directly through AA. I feel a little safer that way.

grits..did you pull the trigger on these flights yet??? what did you decide...looks like you are going right with AA as opposed to PL....very smart. the real experts like greatam and flyertalker would know better, but booking direct with AA will most likely give you a ticket, that, if needed, can be endorsed over to another airline....withm one from PL you would probably go to the bottom of the heap of people should a need for reaccomodation arise..

(not that i want you to worry more...............):eek: :D

grits..did you pull the trigger on these flights yet??? what did you decide...looks like you are going right with AA as opposed to PL....very smart. the real experts like greatam and flyertalker would know better, but booking direct with AA will most likely give you a ticket, that, if needed, can be endorsed over to another airline....withm one from PL you would probably go to the bottom of the heap of people should a need for reaccomodation arise..

(not that i want you to worry more...............):eek: :D

Yes, I did book the flights, and I want to thank you and everybody else for all your help! I booked directly through AA at the same price as Priceline. I was able to choose good seats (according to Seat Guru) and good times. I got the trip insurance. So we're all set! (Still have to book parking, though!) :)

I don't think that priceline ever offers "discount" flights through their standard booking system ... I have one flight booked through them (at the same price) to see if that purchase qualified me for some referral money, and since the answer is a big fat NO, it's back to booking with the airline directly for me. ;)

Archived