Fire drill?

Think of the muster drill as the same as the pre-flight saftety demonstration. You're taken though the saftey procedures of the ship and what will happen in the unlikely event of an incident at sea.

I'm not sure about Sydney, but for the Brisbane departures, the Muster Drill is normally done between 2 and 2.30pm, once everyone is onboard.

When it's finished there's usually time to pop back to the cabin & put your lifejackets back in the cupboard, where they'll stay for the remainder of the cruise (or so you would hope :rolleyes: ), and then it's out on deck, cocktail in hand, ready for sailaway at 3pm,

Kym

It is interesting you say that, as our friends that had to hand in their passport are both German.

Glenda

On our 2004 Pacific Sky cruise, 2 of the 4 people in our cabin were on NZ passports, and it was the 2 NZ passports that were collected for checking.

Thanks for the picture, Geoff. The original post that I read indicated that everyone had to squeeze up the stairs, and as I'm an asthmatic I was a bit worried, but I'm feeling much better about it now.

Our personal experience was to follow the travelling lights along the corridor and down the internal stairs and into our allocated lounge area, where we were mostly seated through the demo by one of the cruise staff. No big deal, but an interuption to the afternoon of festivities.

Archived