Mystery Diners

ArtM

Just did an on-line check of our cruise documents for the December Infinity Hawaii cruise.

A few weeks ago when I had checked, we were dining with 3 other couples so we were linked via their booking numbers.

Today, when I looked, we had two more links. So far, none of the other three couples have owned up to adding their friends to our table.

My guess is that someone was trying to set up a link and typed in one of the already linked numbers by transposing a digit or two. Naturally, our TA says that Celebrity considers the names of the unknown bookings to be confidential sp there is no way known to me of checking the names of the new diners.

Anybody ever get mystery guests this way?? Since our preference is a table for 8, my inclination is to use the magic delete key on the extra links. Besides, our guests probably want to sit with their friends anyway. Any other thoughts??

Art

Yes,how about going with the flow and enjoying your dining experience? When you request certain size tables, it's just that, a request. X may have put you at a table for ten and added people. Or it could be as you say, a simple mistake.

Why not go to dinner on the first night and see? Could be a lot of fun. And you can always ask for a change after that first night. :)

Isn't 6 weeks before the cruise a bit early for arranging tables? I thought this happened a week or two before the cruise at most. On our last cruise on the Infinity, there was no dinner link except for the couple with whom we were traveling - and we ended up at a table for eight.

However, if the Dining co-ordinator is already at work, no problem. The eight of us all started off as strangers on a previous cruise so I doubt that we'll have any problems meeting new people.

On the other hand, if someone screwed up linking the dining reservations, it may be better to clear things up now. Our mystery diners really may want to be with their friends. Since it's a sold out cruise, it may be a challenge to get dinner seating rearranged to their liking once everyone is assigned.

Oh, yeah, the reason I think that it is a mistake is that it would be way to easy for unknowing folks like me to hit the delete button to try to undo the dining co-ordinator's work. It makes sense to keep the assignments "secret" until the pax show up at dinner.

Art

Archived