a baby in the swimming pool?

I can certainly understand why people get on the ship even though sick - what I can't understand is not quarantining themselves until better. why should they roam the ship passing on their sickness to any and all?

who should stay out of the buffet lines and swimming pools - the sick people or the other pax? Surely it is the sickies.

It seems strange to me to suggest that it is the well pax that need to protect themselves against the ones who deliberately come onboard sick.

Just MHO

Sea Island Lady,

I understood what you meant. You said "having heart problems," indicating that there issues taking place with the person's heart when they embarked.

That's different from saying people "with" heart problems. DH has had heart problems in the past, and certainly if he were "having" problems when we were scheduled to go on a cruise, we would cancel!

I can certainly understand why people get on the ship even though sick - what I can't understand is not quarantining themselves until better. why should they roam the ship passing on their sickness to any and all?
Unless your roommate also quarantines him/herself, AND the steward is told so that he can he can take extra precautions, a self-quarantine of one sick person is not sufficient to prevent spread of an infection.

Sea Island Lady,

I understood what you meant. You said "having heart problems," indicating that there issues taking place with the person's heart when they embarked.

That's different from saying people "with" heart problems. DH has had heart problems in the past, and certainly if he were "having" problems when we were scheduled to go on a cruise, we would cancel!

You mean........ like we cancelled going on the Eurodam Prelude and Inaugural cruises?

Jaunita..... Of course people who know they have a gastrointestinal upset should quarantine. That is an absolute! And as John says all in their cabin should also quarantine. They have no right being out and about exposing crew and guests. Not to mention all the work and expense they cause when they start a wild spread of noro like viruses aboard. No one has any business spreading their dirty germs all over the place.

Archived