Cabin Beds - Egg Crates

nvrendingluvv

I heard that you can request egg crates to be put on your bed in your cabin. How do I request this so that they are on the bed when I get to my cabin? Someone posted a review and said they had requested them.

Also, in an inside room, there is a queen bed. Can it be separated into two twin beds?

Thanks in advance!:)

Just ask your cabin steward ASAP when you get on-board. There are a limited number available. Good time to ask for other stuff (wine glasses each day, robes, etc) Tipping seems to make it work better as well:D

Whether or not you want it/need it, better safe than sorry. If you do not like it, take it off. It does help "hide" the gap inbetween the beds when they are in a queen configuration

We faxed a request to Princess ahead of time and the egg crate foam topper was on the bed when we arrived (our steward made a point of telling us that, too). We slept fine with the egg crate foam topper. I don't think we would have been comfortable without it. The mattresses were very hard. And we were told that they had finished changing out the mattresses -- these are the new ones.

S

My husband & I were on the Royal Princess May 21-June 6th , great trip!!

However our bed was very uncomfortable !! WE requested an egg crate topper on MAY 22ND, but was told by our steward there were none available. He did put extra padding under our sheets , better than nothing!? This was our 3rd cruise with Princess , the previous year we were on the Emerald & our bed was fine , & 2yrs before on the Diamond & it was fine. Go figure !!! :rolleyes:

We faxed a request to Princess ahead of time and the egg crate foam topper was on the bed when we arrived (our steward made a point of telling us that, too). We slept fine with the egg crate foam topper. I don't think we would have been comfortable without it. The mattresses were very hard. And we were told that they had finished changing out the mattresses -- these are the new ones.

S

FAXED what number?

Just ask your room steward for one when you get on the ship. More often than not, when you fax your request it isn't there anyway.

Ask for it when you get on the ship.

You can ask for your beds to be separated. If you booked with a TA, ask the TA to contact Princess on your behalf and request the beds be separated.

If you booked on your own, you can request it yourself by calling Princess.

Is it correct that the egg-crate foam topper is queen-sized, so it doesn't work if the beds are separated?

We have seen the twin egg crates in the past, even had two twins put on a queen once. Yes, they do have them for the beds when seperated. :)

The fax number is 661-284-4885, Attn: Customer Relations. Include your name, ship name, booking number, voyage number, cabin number and sailing date.

Anne

Hum, I have a different last 4 digits. Maybe that is why mine are never on the bed, or available when we arrive! :rolleyes:

They have them for Twin beds, for 5 cruises never needed them, after princess put new mattress on all ships last two

cruises Island & Coral needed them Mattress like concrete slaps!

They have them for Twin beds, for 5 cruises never needed them, after princess put new mattress on all ships last two

cruises Island & Coral needed them Mattress like concrete slaps!

Aren't the new mattress wonderful though??????????? NOT.

We never needed the foam mattress pad until the new mattress either. They really are hard aren't they?

Hum, I have a different last 4 digits. Maybe that is why mine are never on the bed, or available when we arrive! :rolleyes:

Maybe you want to try our number the next time, because we have never had any problems - when we get to our cabin, the egg-crate is always there. But just to be on the safe side, a few days before the cruise I usually call Pincess to confirm that they received my fax.

Anne

Maybe you want to try our number the next time, because we have never had any problems - when we get to our cabin, the egg-crate is always there. But just to be on the safe side, a few days before the cruise I usually call Pincess to confirm that they received my fax.

Anne

I will and I appreciate it! How soon before the cruise is the best time to fax?

Ask for down pillows, too. They are so nice! I faxed a request to Princess direct for the mattress toppers and called them for the pillows (she could take my order for pillows over the phone). If you look on your Cruise Personalizer under Travel Summary and then Special Services, you should see the mattress toppers listed in a few days after you fax the request. At least it worked for me in June.

Archived