Can I Bring Wine on Board

iancal

First Carnival cruise. Can I bring a few bottles of grape on board as my carry on.? Is this OK or strickly verbotten. Don't want to put it in a suitcase as I only use a small 21" roller-absolutely no room in that. We have been able to do this on other cruise lines-just wine thought. Thanks

First Carnival cruise. Can I bring a few bottles of grape on board as my carry on.? Is this OK or strickly verbotten. Don't want to put it in a suitcase as I only use a small 21" roller-absolutely no room in that. We have been able to do this on other cruise lines-just wine thought. Thanks

anyone that uses German in a thread about alcohol deserves a quick answer.

Yes, you can take a "reasonable" amount of wine/pop/water onboard with you

I took a 3L wine in a box thingy last year and put it in the cabin fridge (on the Carnival Freedom). I'll do the same this year on the Carnival Splendor. No problem whatsoever. They don't want people taking hard liquor however, will confiscate that when you board.

If you will read the info in your Welcome Aboard booklet, or go to Carnival site, you can see that they allow:

ONE bottle of wine per person can be brought on board at embarkation only. However, as a solo cruiser, I usually take one in my tote bag and one bubble-wrapped and in ziploc bag, in my luggage. I have also taken a 1.5 litre bottle in luggage.

As stated before, one bottle per person in your carry-on. That wasn't enough for my wife and I for a week so I also put a three bottle wine carrier in my suitcase to keep the good stuff safe.

I thought that technically you weren't allowed to bring it on... though I always have and haven't been stopped yet.

I would hide it in your bag, I think they can confiscate it from you.

I thought that technically you weren't allowed to bring it on... though I always have and haven't been stopped yet.

I would hide it in your bag, I think they can confiscate it from you.

Carnival explicitly allows one 750 ml bottle of wine or champagne per passenger 21 or older to be brought on at embarkation.

Liquor and Beverage Policy

Bringing Alcohol On Board - Embarkation

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages onboard. However, guests 21 years of age and older only may bring one bottle (750ml) of wine or champagne, per person, on board only during embarkation at the beginning of the cruise. A $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged should you wish to consume this wine in the main dining room; $14 corkage fee per bottle in the Supper Club. Guests may bring a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages. All prohibited alcohol, additional quantities of wine/champagne or excessive quantities of non-alcoholic beverages will be confiscated and discarded without compensation.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Liquor_and_Beverage_Consumption_Policy.aspx

Archived