Rccl answer on EOS Johnny Rockets

whitshel

As of today, All Ships will start charging for it now!

Firefighterhoop...Yes...we already know that they will be charging. Each ship has a different start date, but by Nov 6th, it will be fleet wide. Its already been posted by me and several others all over these message boards. But in case you missed it, here's my post again (that was in this same thread):

I guess this should settle once and for all whether there is a charge for Johnny Rockets and which ship charges.

Hot off the presses from RCCL's travel agent only website......The latest info on Johnny Rockets.

"Slip back in time in this fifties-style burger joint that's fun for the whole family. The burgers are juicy, the shakes are thick and the retro style is so authentic you'll think you've been here before.

The Johnny Rockets restaurant you'll find onboard is everything you'd expect from the shore-side restaurant - authentic 1950s décor, a menu filled with all-American favorites and, of course, friendly service.

Johnny Rockets is a great casual dining alternative that everyone in the family will enjoy.

Menus may vary from ship to ship, but each is made up of Johnny Rockets quality fare served at their restaurants on shore, including hand-dipped shakes and malts, famous hamburgers, chili friesand even flavored sodas.

• All Crown & Anchor members will receive one coupon for one Johnny Rockets complimentary dining experience.

• Children under 5 years of age can dine in Johnny Rockets for free.

• Voyager-class ships offer five complimentary dining options: Windjammer Café, Jade or Island Grill, Café Promenade, the Main Dining Rooms, and in-stateroom dining service.

• The takeaway package is the same price per guest of $3.95, however the takeaway package consists of one burger or sandwich, fries, onion rings and a dessert of choice.

• As before, sodas and shakes are available at an additional charge.

• Gratuity is included in the service charge for the dining experience. Gratuity for beverages will be added at 15% of the beverage bill.

A $3.95 per guest service fee will be billed to each guest’s Seapass® Account per visit to Johnny Rockets.

Mariner of the Seas® and Navigator of the Seas® will make permanent the new charge effective immediately.

The charge will be rolled out to the remaining ships as follows:

Explorer of the Seas® (Oct. 17), Adventure of the Seas® (Oct. 24), Voyager of Seas® (Nov. 6)."

• 4 weeks later...
I'll never go on a RCI cruise again if they are charging for JR.

Why?

I was recently invited to have lunch with a co-worker and we went to the JRs here in DC. I never understood what all the hoopla was about and after eating there recently I can say I STILL DON'T UNDERSTAND. That was quite possibly......no, IT WAS the NASTIEST and FOULEST slab of Ecoli on a bun that I've ever eaten. GROSS.

Archived