pricing for 3rd passenger?

vrjenia

Hi, my extended family is thinking of taking a cruise next July. I was checking prices online. There are a couple rooms in our party that will have two adults and one kid. The prices right now don't reflect a very significant discount for the 3rd passsenger (about 60-70% the cost of the first two), is this typical? I've never shopped for a cruise with kids/3rd passengers before. I feel like I've seen promotions before that offer 3rd/4th passenger rates at a lot less (like free or $100-- but I never really paid that close of attention because it didn't apply to me). Do these promotions still exist? Do cruiselines ever run these promotions for cruises in summer (July) or just at off-peak times when families can't travel?

btw-- I was specifically looking at a 5 day cruise from NY to Canada next July

That seems about right. I helped a friend last year with booking a cruise for his family and I was kinda surprised at the price as well. Then I remembered reading how some CC members book a second room for their children cause price difference wasn't that much. They do offer at times discounted for 3rd and 4th passengers.You might want to hold on for a sale and see. I believe that tomorrow there is a month long sales event for Carnival you might be able to find something there.

If will vary from ship to ship and sailing to sailing. Summer months and Holidays are times when lots of families sail. This increases the demand for the 3 and 4 person rooms so the cost is higher. The same sailings in say Oct or Jan the 3/4 person may be next to nothing.

Hi, my extended family is thinking of taking a cruise next July. I was checking prices online. There are a couple rooms in our party that will have two adults and one kid. The prices right now don't reflect a very significant discount for the 3rd passsenger (about 60-70% the cost of the first two), is this typical? I've never shopped for a cruise with kids/3rd passengers before. I feel like I've seen promotions before that offer 3rd/4th passenger rates at a lot less (like free or $100-- but I never really paid that close of attention because it didn't apply to me). Do these promotions still exist? Do cruiselines ever run these promotions for cruises in summer (July) or just at off-peak times when families can't travel?

btw-- I was specifically looking at a 5 day cruise from NY to Canada next July

The sailings we have looked at from NY seems like all the rates tend to be higher than those from Port Canaveral, Jacksonville, etc.

we booked a 5 day last year for this August. The family will be in 4 different rooms. A month ago we added a 7 yr old to our cabin.(Grandson) The charge was about 40.00 less than our original charge per person. :confused: I too have seen 3rd and 4th person charges for $100.00 or so but as you see that is not normal. :mad: This will be our 3rd cruise on Carnival and 5th with Carnival Corportation. I believe the charge is excessive but then again we would probably pay more if necessary to include a Grand Child. :D

The sailings we have looked at from NY seems like all the rates tend to be higher than those from Port Canaveral, Jacksonville, etc.

Yes, sailing out of NY is higher than FL. It taks a LOT more fuel to get to anywere from NY. Also as long as the demand is higher and the supply is less(ships) it will stay that way.

Dublinlass,

Although the ratio is probably right the conversion from Euro to USD isn't. According to the amounts you quoted using todays conversion rate the tickets would be approximately 460 E = 726 USD and 276 E = 436 USD.

oopps you are so right dlbutler5, did the rate wrong way round, we are paying in sterling and got mixed up with all the currency changes but just wanted to show the difference between the price of 1st 2nd and 3rd passenger prices, will go back and edit

There are other cruise lines with different policies/prices...kids may only pay taxes and fees (NCL) and MSC with 'kids sail free' (but I would bet there are still port charges to be paid...). EM

Archived